Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Genetics

KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
What do you think of the Genetics in The Sims 4?
So my sim has 4 kids with 3 different woman he's finally settled down married to the last one.
First he has a son with the 1st woman, twins with the 2nd woman, and a daughter with the last.

2vsgdid.jpg2wdrint.jpg

2cynton.jpg2mc9b9i.jpg

Post edited by Karenn on

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    Founder (And ancestor)
    XcUVdtF.png
    descendant:
    1F7Ulnb.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MidagereMidagere Posts: 67 Member
    I'm always curious how the children are going to look, but last times they are similar just to one parent. I dunno why. o.O
    giphy.gif
    After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Terrible, yes. But great.
  • Options
    wboyd323wboyd323 Posts: 25 Member
    edited February 2018
    I think the baby objects, toddlers and even children kind of all look the same. I don't ever see a huge resemblance towards Mom or Dad until they age into teens. However; I do think the genetics are WAY better in TS4 than any of iteration. Sometimes, though, the genetics seem to troll me and take the worst attributes from each parent to give the kid lol. In my Legacy family, my heir just aged into a teen and they gave her super inverted shoulders, really odd shaped lips and LITERALLY zero breast or butt. I'm like, wth haha. Granted, both parents have some of those qualities, but they're proportionate and look normal
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    they're interesting to say the least. I wish I knew how they worked specifically because sometimes features pop up in the lineage and I ain't got no idea where it came from! maybe it's just the result of having parents with no parents of their own so the game is randomizing grandparents' genetics? either way, I do like the genetics of TS4 (for sims, not pets) overall. wish non-natural colors didn't throw the system for a loop though.

example of feature from neither parent
    parents both w/ defined noses
    Er8AQBt.png
    and biological daughter w/ a surprisingly flat nose
    iXOaZMS.png
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I think 90% of toddlers look exactly alike and about 80% of children look alike. It's not until they get to teens that I see any sense of genetics. But once it kicks in, I live genetics in this game.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    All the toddlers have a similar face and I can start telling who the child looks more like once they're children. I really love genetics in TS4, they're really accurate.