Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How will TS4 celebrate the 20th Anniversary of The Sims?

In the event that The Sims 4 is still going strong in 2020, how do you think the team will celebrate the 20th Anniversary? Do you think they'll bring back a fan favourite from a previous game, like an NPC (I think I heard Drake saying in a recent livestream that she wanted the cake dancers from TS1 to come back for the 18th anniversary), or maybe they'll recreate the original town from TS1 and patch it in for free as a callback to all the original players? Perhaps we'll get an additional EP this year, or could they come out with a nostalgia SP full of throwbacks to previous games?

What do you think? I did feel like we'd get an announcement of TS5 for the 20th Anniversary, but if that's not going to happen then I would really like a big game update full of nostalgic callbacks to the older games.

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    A bit far in the future to see yet. Chances are that TS4 will still be 'out' but I wouldn't be surprised if something new had been announced and would be out that year at some point as well and after that TS4 would be relegated to a 'past Sims game' so while there might be some celebration in the Sims related media most of it would be a view to the future rather than anything TS4 related.

Once TS4 does end though that would be the end and as I said, it would only be seen as a 'past Sims game' and if it is still left without some certain content that it would simply end without that content
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    @keylimepiesims I love your avi, such a sweet pic. :)

2020 sounds so far off but it's actually not too far away, now I feel old haha. I've no idea what they'll do but I hope it's a nostalgia type thing.
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    What did they do when it was the 10th anniversary?
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    @keylimepiesims I love your avi, such a sweet pic. :)

2020 sounds so far off but it's actually not too far away, now I feel old haha. I've no idea what they'll do but I hope it's a nostalgia type thing.

Thank you! :heart:

It's hard to believe it's almost been 20 years right? I agree it would be so sweet to get a nostalgic reminder of how far the game has come, I just hope they do more to celebrate than the last couple of years, which have gone a little unnoticed I think.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    What did they do when it was the 10th anniversary?

I believe they brought out a 'commemorative edition' of TS3 Ambitions, which I actually have, it was pretty neat, it came in a really nice box, it had a history of the game, concept art, stuff like that.

Would be cool to get something like that again, although that was way back when they didn't do digital downloads, so who knows.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,948 Member
    Too far into the future for me to speculate. Right now I'm focused on Jungle Adventure and all the awesome content yet to come. :)