Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to delete cc from in game

NikkiKaur15NikkiKaur15 Posts: 477 Member
How to delete cc from in game ? if their is a mod or anything please help

Comments

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    It is not a good idea to delete CC in game. It will delete the mesh for things out of your files, but it does not remove any recolors you had. So you have a bunch of orphans in your download folder. What is it you are trying to delete? Is there a reason you can not delete the package in your downloads folder itself? I know you could use simPE to delete things outside of the game, if you were unsure what the item is called, and needed pictures, but that is a program that you really have to know how to use or you can muck things up.

Also there was the Sims categorizer, which is also a out of game program that shows pictures. Only it does not work with UC, it can't find the file path. Someone did say you could make a folder in the same spot as your Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder called "Sims 2" cut and paste the entire inside of the Sims 2 UC folder inside it, then the categorizer will be able to recognize it. Make the changes you want, then cut and paste the contents back into the Sims 2 UC folder. If you wanted to go this route, make sure to make a backup of your entire folder in case things go south. I have never tried this myself.

It is here if you wanted to try. http://simfileshare.net/folder/15672/ Go to the bottom of the list, the next to last thing called programs. Click on that then the Categorizer is called Sims2cat01.01.11.zip

I wonder how hard it would be for someone to change where the categorizer looks for the files? Set a different path for UC... wonders off to go ask a modder friend..
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    For clothing, if you can't find the file in your downloads: Wardrobe Wrangler should be able to find the file name, and detect any orphan recolors that you may have already made.

For CC furniture: Place all unwanted CC furniture (not hacked objects) on a 1x3 lot, and package that lot in-game. The Clean Installer will give you a list of items on that lot, so you can go in and delete them from the downloads folder.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    NikkiKaur15NikkiKaur15 Posts: 477 Member
    Thanks guys for your help i will try it out