Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The story behind your current household

I love giving my sims backstories as well as reading others! What is the story behind your current household or one you've always loved? Maybe even one you're planning to create? This could even be a a premade/townie you made a story for.

Sorry this is long, I'm very passionate about them lol.
My Not So Berry household is one of my favorites households I've ever had. I am currently on Generation 5, but it all started with Geniveve. She was a scientist living in small mint house in Willow Creek. She fell in love with Don Lothario, but he didn't want to commit.

One day, she met the newly widowed Geoffrey Landgraab. The two hit it off and soon they were married! She moved in with him and became pregnant with twins. One day, she ran in to Don Lothario. He wanted to finally begin dating, but she was now a married mom of two. He kept coming to the house with Geoff was at work. Not long after that, they began an occasional relationship. The twins (Olivia and Ruby) were children when Geniveve got pregnant with Don's baby. Lincoln was born and somehow Geoff never noticed. Don visited his son often, but not much more happened between the two afterwards. Geniveve had more children with Geoff- another set of twins girls and another girl.

Ruby was the Gen 2 heir. She soon moved to San Myshuno with Olivia and quicky began a political career. Ruby always had friends over and always seemed to be in a new relationship. It was not long before Ruby was pregnant with Gunther Munch's baby (a girl named Dakota). Dakota did not slow Ruby down. Olivia was more reserved but began seeing a townie named Mitchell. Ruby convinced Olivia to come with her to the Spice festival..... Where Olivia was murdered by none other than Malcolm Landgraab, their mother's step son!

Ruby turned her grief in to motivation for success in her career. She had to move to a smaller apartment because she only had one income now. As Dakota grew, she was close with her mom but spent much time alone in her room. Grades were her focus but she always made time for a townie named Omar. After graduation she landed a job as an astronaut. She married Omar and they bought the Old Salt House. Ruby was getting older, but she never forgot about Gunther. They married and became pregnant with another girl.

Dakota had 3 boys with Omar. The oldest of which, Collin and another close in age Cillian did everything together. They were very athletic and spent much time playing basketball in the court by their house. They loved the city but didn't like the fast paced life. They moved to the Landgraab house after becoming you get adults. Collin married his high school sweetheart Darlene and joined the athletic career. Cillian envied the love Collin had with Darlene. He wanted something like that for himself but never seemed to find "the one"... Or a stable job. At one point he owned a smoothie shop, a vet clinic. As time progressed he married Billie Jang and became a food critic. Collin had a daughter named Emerson, and Cillian had a daughter named Felicite. Collin had a son named Remy. Billie became pregnant with triplets, but "longed for the city life" and left Cillian. She never mentioned to Collin that she caught Cillian and Darlene having an affair. She raised the triplets on her own. Collin began catching on and confronted Darlene, giving him a heart attack. He died instantly. Darlene and Cillian married soon after and had a son together named Milo.

Emerson and Felicitie were best friends in their childhood. They decided to flee the chaos they grew up in and now live in San Myshuno.

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    edited February 2018
    So because Olivia was "Reaped off" by their half-brother? If he's their "mother's stepson" it means he's half-brother to them (and they're half sisters to Lincoln) Olivia, Ruby and Malcom=same dad but different Moms. Olivia, Ruby and Lincoln=same mom, different Dad.

the household in my siggy sort of illustrates the back story told in the legacy itself
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    So because Olivia was "Reaped off" by their half-brother? If he's their "mother's stepson" it means he's half-brother to them (and they're half sisters to Lincoln) Olivia, Ruby and Malcom=same dad but different Moms. Olivia, Ruby and Lincoln=same mom, different Dad.

the household in my siggy sort of illustrates the back story told in the legacy itself

You're right, they are half siblings. Forgive me, I didn't have any coffee today haha.
  • Options
    Goofhead2Goofhead2 Posts: 69 Member
    My current family is a 100 baby challenge because I got bored with my regular legacy. My idea behind it is that the 'founder'/mother of all the kids is in love with Caleb Vatore but she has to earn the right to become a vampire and for whatever reason having 100 children is how she is earning the right. She is currently dating him and she has 11 children with 9 different fathers. She's not allowed to have children with Caleb Vatore until she becomes a vampire, or I might make it where he is the last father and they get married then.
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    i love this thread and how detailed your story is, @PninaSimmer. i do the same thing, and think of every single detail. the household i play was created to... sort of give me something to look at, outside of what lives in my mind, i guess. because the characters already exist, they are from a very detailed story i never wrote. so i made them as Sims. :p

i write down everything about their back stories--even their favourite songs. so it's not just the storyline, but each character's background and personal journey from before they all met and moved in together--basically, it's about how six people meet and form a band and somehow music is what saves them.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited February 2018
    I just reinstalled everything and reloaded Origin in and decided to ditch all my saves... it hurt some but I had so many mods and saves it was like digging through an endless pile.

Today I've been recreating a Sims 1 and 2 world. Which I had done before but with all the new stuff... like laundry and pets it gives me incentive to play these characters yet again in Sims 4. It's also fun to build up the new world using the objects that have been coming in to add more personality to the characters. I try not to play with houses too long because in the past I kept giving up on playing because I had to complete the world first so I added in just a few favorite houses and started playing the Newbies ... of course. Gotta go old school.

Bob, Betty and Brandi Newbie live in a little one bedroom house (downloaded from the gallery). Brandi is a toddler right now but of course I want her to grow up and marry Skip and continue on that story.. but that will take awhile to get too. I've got Bob starting to write books - in the game start off the writing children's genre so he's writing books with Brandi as the lead "superhero" toddler kind of character. Last time I played this they didn't have a toddlers in the game so he started writing Betty stories, I'm having fun with the patterns I create and how these characters and their personalities are solidifying more in my head as I play. They are pretty poor but with this version they can make money fast once it starts coming in and that's okay. For now Betty is supporting them by collecting stuff to sell, she'll paint and start a garden too I'm sure. I know eventually I'll put her in the Chef career, because I always did in the past. She ends up being supermom and loves her husband a bunch even though they are like night and day... she's active and gregarious while he's more of a homebody and lazy.. they are both playful though.. it works. They share the load of raising Brandi.. if anything Bob does more childcare already which I find very endearing. I love to fall in love with my sim characters.. who doesn't?
    The house I downloaded for this family has the clown picture up... which I remember from the first Sims and also remember using back then while fast forwarding their lives and umm eventually they died (in Sims 1). I know this won't happen this time around but I'm already planning on having Bob look at the picture possibly while Betty and Brandi are out or kept away. The Clown will have an impact on him .. rather like, if anyone watches old movies .. Harvey the Rabbit. The clown of course gives off a sad aura though so it will affect Bob. Other family members might see the Clown eventually.. of that I'm not sure just yet.. or I might have to plot to keep them all away so he remains only seen by Bob for awhile. Either way it's making me smile.
    In the past I wrote out the Specter story.. well key points that I wanted to play out. I don't know, between doing things like that .. almost like a fanfiction and getting the houses right (and even updated to Sims 4 style) and then playing it out... it really is entertaining. I'm having a bunch of fun right now plotting, planning and playing.

Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    edited February 2018
    i am currently doing a Decades challenge. it is year 1900-ish. Paul comes from a large family of 9. he has 4 sisters and 2 twin brothers (he is one of the triplets). they lived in a wooden house near a forest in Brindleton Bay. his mother attended a garden and his father was a fisherman. money was just enough to live decently and to save some for the future. the house had only 2 bedrooms, so when the 4th doughter was born the parents decided to send the 2 teenage sisters to the boarding school for girls. they had enough money to pay for their tuition. the family still needed a male heir to inherit the house. after some time boy triplets were born and the house again became too small for them all. the remaining 2 girls were also sent to the boarding school to join their sisters in there. the boys grew up and started their own lives. Paul started working in a local company as an errand boy, but being a fast learner and ambitious young man he got promoted very fast to an assisstant manager. his parents were very proud of him but were a bit worried that he focused on work and money instead of starting his own family. Paul was not interested in local girls as they were too shallow for him. one day a higher manager Mr. Holloway came to him and asked if he would like to meet his daughter Rosamund. he invited Paul and his parents for a dinner. when Paul first saw Rosamund she was sitting on the front porch and was reading a book. he was very impressed with that. they talked during the evening but he was a bit shy and Rosamund felt a bit distant. they started dating and Paul fell in live with her. they did not have much time for each other as Rosamund was a violinist in a local orchestra and plays mostly evenings and weekends. Paul decided to propose to her, but she declined. after soms time he tried again but was rejected. the third time she agreed and they planned a wedding. unfortunately Rosamunds parents died and they could not share that moment with her. a few days after the wedding Pauls parents died too, therefore they decided to move into Rosamund's house. during they wedding night she became pregnant and they are expecting the baby to be born soon.

i am sorry for my potato grammar and style but i am at work on my phone :)
    Post edited by buzz_infamous on
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2018
    I like the Sound of that, the Decade Challenge, maybe the Century Challenge too, I was filing under Historical Challenge but whatever.
    Had to think about the last household I played (I rotate between, 10)

House DuValé and House of Grimm.

The House DuValé is One of my current 1 of 5, Primary Households. Home to their Excellencies Governor Stephan DuValé and Madame Regina DuValé. They Were born, Raised, and married in France. In 1857, they Crossed the Atlantic to America.
    the Plot goes Regina's family has a legit claim to the French Throne while Napoleon was emperor, Regina's Uncle and Stephan Made many attempts to get Regina on the Throne. Resulting them to flee to America.

Once in America, they took part as a founding Family in the establishment of my fictional City of Briarwood {Debating on Locating it in new Hampshire or Rhode Island}. Briarwood was Initially built on Aristocracy, Except those in charge appointed others to help with the reigns.
    Lord Adam of House Jordan {a Creative Visionary, and the Wealthiest Man in Town} Appoints him to Be Governor, and gives him power to choose his successor, until the 1960s when that changes and the citizens get to vote.

In 1865, Their Marriage Dies, Regina Finds out about Stephan's treachery, and since then they sleep in separate Bedrooms, and Regina has many affairs, Until One of her affairs... go wrong? Or Right? I still don't know.

In 1877, Regina "Dies," to the public she committed suicide by drowning in her bathtub.
    In Reality, Regina was Demonized, {Turned into a vampire} By the incubi Lucifer.

For the Next 93 years Regina travels the world, until her fate catches up with her, 1970, On the night she gives birth to their Baby, Regina is Slayed at Saint Louis Cathedral in New Orleans, by a Hunter Named Kieron Dior. He steals the Baby, Daniel DuValé and raises it as a weapon/slave and Takes Regina's remnants as a Trophy.

For the Grimm Brothers, they live in their respectable time. What I'm trying to do is have them Start an Authors Club and I'm trying to the Grimm Brothers, and a few of my other favorite authors, to write Stories, plays TV shows as books, into my game.

Basically they're writing a mix of theirs and the Disney Versions, without Walt Disney in the Equation.
    - Fantasia
    - Hansel and Gretel
    - Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
    - Cinderella
    - The Frog Prince
    - Sleeping Beauty
    - The Little Mermaid
    - Beauty and The Beast
    - Arabian Night
    - Hero of China
    - Lion King
    - Hercules
    - Through the Looking Glass
    - The Second Star
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Great stories!

So far in my current household:

Braden and Rene are happy that their triplet daughters Named Willow, Grace, and Rose are finally children! Braden is providing for his family and keeps working on his career in education (mod). The girls are going to get their own rooms with their own personal styles. Meanwhile its hard to find Rene something to do with her life now that the triplets are grown and gone to school during the day. Turns out she rolled a wish to fix this....have another baby! But I am not so sure about that xD
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Oh I recently started playing the Mashugas. I haven't done anything with them yet, but they will be very city centric.

Though this is in the same world as my other main sims (I've been playing two households at once). Matthew Simian lived as a roomie with best friend from uni, Rebecca Donnelly. Matt started dating Travis Scott, and now they are engaged and living together. Rebecca moved in with Liberty Lee and Summer Holiday.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    edited February 2018
    I have several but since I'm taking a break from my rotation saves and what not just the one, also went about tossing out awesomes.
    @buzz_infamous I like the story of Paul there, how interesting.
    @PninaSimmer Had to make sure I read all of that I like to see peeps passionate about their stories, that's part of the fun Malcolm usually can't be trusted around anyone that's happy but that seemed to come out nowhere. Him going after his halfsister. Love all the drama :smiley:

I made the sim in my profile there then decided to change it so she could get others pregnant though she's a human sim, she cares about dogs and doing whatever she wants. First she met Geoffrey and like Bella he was a hard cookie wanting to be faithful to his significant other, but we broke him though she wasn't interested in being with him lucky for him he's rich. The next was a guy she met at knight knight she was only out because she was frustrated and clearly blames Geoffrey for everything, he also ended up pregnant but she did like him a bit more so she could almost check in on him. However she met a girl and she really liked her, in fact she's the one that got the ring and they have a family now but Geoff is obsessed he calls every day, wanting a date, to go out to eat I don't think he's so willing to let her go.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,619 Member
    You'll find most of the details of one of my favorite families in my siggie, below.

My newest favorite family, is that of my ancestors. I am currently in the process of applying to the D.A.R. (Daughters of the American Revolution). My sixth great-grandfather (or six times great) was born in the Great Colony of Virginia, in 1745. He was educated, from a well-to-do family, but forewent the chance to go to William and Mary (college), because he wanted, at the tender age of sixteen, to get started with his life. He fell in love with a young woman who at age fifteen was already three years over the Age of Consent at that time. She, too, had what was considered an unusual education. (Girls at that time were seldom taught how to write, and yet all of her sisters and herself could sign their names.) Despite his youth, the parents agreed these two could marry. They married in the Fall of 1761 in Frederick County, VA. He built their log cabin, on his own, and they lived there on the section of land called the Long Meadows, until after their second child was born. Then he purchased another plot of land from his father, about 378 acres, mortgaged it, platted it off, and commence with the town of New Market, where they would live, run their Trading Post, a tavern and for the first time, an Ordinary (Inn). They had their third child, another son, and their first daughter in New Market before this young man got itchy feet and moved them further north to Millerstown (near Woodstock) in Dunmore County.

His next two younger brothers removed to the southwest in the early 1770s, about 1771, my ancestor went down to explore the area at their bidding. Those who removed there initially thought it was part of Virginia, when it was actually the western part of North Carolina. My ancestor made a second trip there in 1772, signed the Watauga Association pack and returned to Virginia in early 1773. He convinced his parents and his wife to remove to this 'new country' and then oddly purchased 20 additional acres of land for twenty pounds, English, in April 1773. He sold it again, for the same amount come July of that same year. He was also commissioned a Captain in Lord Dunmore's (governor of VA) militia. Come early December of 1773, he and his family, plus his now widowed father and his remaining siblings, removed to the Settlements, 300 miles southwest of the Shenandoah Valley. My ancestor had seven children ten and under, including my newborn fifth great-grandfather. There were no real roads, and it was a harrowing, long, difficult trek in wagons. They made it to the cabin he'd built while away the second time, on 25 December, 1773.

After my sixth great-grandmother lost her life in 1780, after the birth of their tenth child, my sixth great-grandfather threw himself into the service of his community. He fought in the Battle of Kings Mountain and became a hero. Eventually, North Carolina ceded the land containing these Settlements to the new United States government. Three counties broke away and set up their own government, as they had in the beginning. This is now called the failed State of Franklin. (My ancestor was made the Governor.) Eventually, NC stood by their word and gave this territory their freedom. The U.S. government made it the Southwest Territory of the Ohio Valley. They had steps to complete, which they did, and finally this 'new country' became the State of Tennessee. My ancestor became the very first Governor of Tennessee.

Trying to play this out in the game has been interesting. He was, at first, on the Safety Commission. He eventually became the County Clerk, then a Magistrate, all while chasing after the Cherokee to secure the community. He was a busy man. I have him in the Detective career, for now. He was also a scout for the militia before he actually joined, so I may have him move into the spy career for a bit. We'll see.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Nita90Nita90 Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2018
    Currently I have two Sims 4 families. One in San Myshuno, here lives John, a young adult who raises his little sister, the child Lucy alone. John is becoming a successful writer, but he is a shy bookworm-type and it is difficult for him to find a girlfriend/wife. Lucy is his perfect opposite character, she is very friendly and outgoing. She is constantly haunted by the monster under her bed but she is determined to befriend it. :) Lucy would also like to have a dog in the family, we'll see if she can convince her brother to adopt a puppy.
    My other family is in Brindleton Bay, and it is a young adult animal-lover woman, Sally, who works as a vet, and lives with her adorable ragdoll cat Fluffy. Sally cannot have children on her own (I made her infertile in CAS), and for that reason she channels all her love towards animals, especially cats. She is planning to adopt a few more pets into her home, and she also runs the local vet clinic to cure all the sick animals. She secretly hopes to find the man of her dreams with whom she can adopt a baby/child in the future, but currently, animals are her primary concern.
    Post edited by Nita90 on
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Nita90 wrote: »
    Currently I have two Sims 4 families. One in San Myshuno, here lives John, a young adult who raises his little sister, the child Lucy alone. John is becoming a successful writer, but he is a shy bookworm-type and it is difficult for him to find a girlfriend/wife. Lucy is his perfect opposite character, she is very friendly and outgoing. She is constantly haunted by the monster under her bed but she is determined to befriend it. :) Lucy would also like to have a dog in the family, we'll see if she can convince her brother to adopt a puppy.
    My other family is in Brindleton Bay, and it is a young adult animal-lover woman, Sally, who works as a vet, and lives with her adorable ragdoll cat Fluffy. Sally cannot have children on her own (I made her infertile in CAS), and for that reason she channels all her love towards animals, especially cats. She is planning to adopt a few more pets into her home, and she also runs the local vet clinic to cure all the sick animals. She secretly hopes to find the man of her dreams with whom she can adopt a baby/child in the future, but currently, animals are her primary concern.

John and Sally MUST date!!! :smile:
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,535 Member
    I am playing an orphanage inspired by the Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children movie.
    My Miss Peregrine is actually a normal person, writes children's books, and runs a orphanage that happens to have some peculiar children.
    She used her own life as inspiration for The Miss Peregrine book and movie.

I have been introducing the children to the home in stages so everyone isn't the same age.
    I have a girl who sees dead people.
    3 human/cat sims created by illegal genetic experiments.
    A vampire child.
    An alien child.
    And a child genius.

These sims are just a few of my favorite Young Adults sims that I have aged down into toddlers to play out their backstories.
    My other sims have normal families scattered around the various worlds. I spend most of my time with Miss Peregrine because her home is the most interesting and fun.

I am documenting it here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918301/ck213s-ts4-favorite-simming-moments-diamond-eyes-pg-04/p1
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I give sims a little of backstory, then I go with the flow of the game. I have a few households, but I will write about some of them.

Willow Creek Legacy: I'm now on fourth generation. The first generation was starcrossed lovers with really sad end where one died some time before another and was sent to netherworld, while other became ghost and wandered awhile before being culled. So, that generation is lost from family tree. >:( Second was not so happy marriage, but twin girls (one of them is on avatar bellow right) and boy were fun. Third is highschool love with two kids and triplets. In fourth, I plan for my heir to be single parent.

Landgraabs: Son of third generation above (some relatives to Landgraabs?) got happily married and moved to Windenburg with his now pregnant wife. He will be better parent than his mother was, since she didn't care about him. He's leader of club Collectors, that visits museums to view masterpieces. And swipe some of them. There he met his wife, who's snob and likes to critique work, and they became another starcrossed lovers.

Alexander/Champagne: Two kids from these households Tristan and Arya Pia despised each other, mainly because the girl is mean. Now they're teens and Tristan is in Partyhouse (genius, childish?!), so one evening at party they got along and became sweethearts?! Now they're together and really act like soulmates. But, Arya Pia has twin brother, Axel Han (boy on avatar above left) that is in Partyhouse too and is interested in Tristan as well?!

• Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Derek Kahn, born in the Sims 3 Uni and carried over to the Sims 4. In the Sims 3 Derek graduated from college, didn't get the job on the police force in Bridgeport and took a job back in his home town of Roaring Heights. He really didn't want to go there. His mother died when he was young, his younger brother was a mere infant and raised by a father who was lukewarm at his best. His father remarried a much younger woman who already had a daughter by a different man but gave birth to his half sister, Holly and was pregnant again.

The Kahn family was up to their knees in supernatural history and Derek was a witch hunter. He hated witches. He hated anything Supernatural. He hated children. Ok, Derek hates everybody. His step mom was an idiot who couldn't remember to feed her children or change a diaper, his father was absent, his brother was rebelling and in the midst of it all he is supposed to keep a job and hunt witches. That's him in a nutshell.

So I recreated this charming fellow in TS4 and moved him to Forgotten Hollow. Because it's Forgotten and people are supposed to leave him alone. He has left his witch hunting days behind him, quit the police force, and is living a rather low key life. He rolled the want to be mean to a child. I almost laughed out loud. He really does not like children. He's met a girl who seemed completely normal at first but when they met for coffee all she talked about was vampires, aliens, and ghosts.

He got invited to a party at the ruins and was actually starting to enjoy himself when he picked up on that smell. Ya know, the one vampires leave behind? The earthy smell of death. Not wanting to get involved he leaves the party. And that is where I stopped playing him today.
  • Options
    thereesespiecethereesespiece Posts: 614 Member
    I was working on the Decades Challenge loosely based on my own family’s immigration story. But I’ve put a complete stop on it waiting for this new adventures pack since my family comes from Central America and we are of Mayan descent. So I’m anxiously awaiting that to put my sims family the Carmona in a similar jungle/Mayan-esque setting to tell the story better!

But basically the Carmona start with Juan Pedro and Pilar Carmona a loving family trying to raise their three kids, Pedro Miguel, Juan Luis, and Susanna. Juan Pedro works on a banana plantation as a fruit picker and when he gets the opportunity to go to “Simerica” he promises his wife he’ll be send for them once he “makes it”. But ten years pass and no one has heard from Juan Pedro. Pedro Miguel the oldest son has taken over responsibilities as the man of the house taking a job in a mine while his mother Pilar works out of the home preparing meals for the local miners. Juan Luis “Juanito” the middle child, and Susanna, the baby of the three, are both in school but money is tight with two educations to pay for so Juanito and Susanna both work on the banana plantation that their father used to work for.

I’m hoping to share this story with everyone here once I get the adventures pack so I won’t give too much away :)