Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twins bug?

Anybody else got the twins bug? I've played three different sims and they've all fallen pregnant with twins. I've no mods. They or the fathers don't have the fertile trait or woohooed on a fertile lot.
It's getting very annoying :(
Origin ID - eliselove1
Four Seasons Properties

Comments

• Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I think they increased the chances of twins since the toddler patch. I wish they would fix it. It is annoying
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I've had so many twins. I just want singletons! Twin toddlers is such a nightmare!
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I actually like twin toddlers because they can talk and play with each other. But I finally have the first set of twins I've had since the toddler patch (when I started playing again). If you just want one, though it may feel really terrible, you can try just walling it off the one you don't want and letting it starve until social services comes and takes it away.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    I actually like twin toddlers because they can talk and play with each other. But I finally have the first set of twins I've had since the toddler patch (when I started playing again). If you just want one, though it may feel really terrible, you can try just walling it off the one you don't want and letting it starve until social services comes and takes it away.

or

Use manage households to drop the sibling into the care of a cousin/aunt/uncle/grandparent/bbf so that it can still grow up on its own.
  • Options
    NiyebeBlurrNiyebeBlurr Posts: 93 Member
    I think it makes sense to have twins further down the line of your generation cause genetics you know? but it can be annoying, no doubt about that. when i don't feel like dealing with twins I just age one of them earlier so by the time one is a child the other is a teen going onto young adult. i prefer the bigbro/sis role than twins.
    tumblr_mt947oTSBg1r3nvfwo1_500.gif
    Origin ID : Amihvn
  • Options
    NajpajNajpaj Posts: 16 Member
    Ive still been having this problem.
    I've been getting twins WAY too frequently since toddlers came out. I'm on my 4th household to have twins (in a row), I only wanted there to be single children for story reasons so I removed one of them, now shes an adult and had her own babies and again they were twins. It's literally every household I make, its getting really annoying and taking the enjoyment out of getting natural twins. Is this ever gonna be fixed or maybe some way to reduce the chance of twins in some settings or a mod at least?
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I haven't noticed an increase in twins but you could always use a pregnancy mod if you are open to trying mods.
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    Yikes! This is scary. lol
    I haven't had any twins in my game yet, but I haven't had any babies since the last patch either.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    SynneSolSynneSol Posts: 85 Member
    Oh yeah, it has completely gotten out of hand! The chance of getting twins/triplets is waaay too high. I was checking up on my main sims' cousin, and I noticed that he had been, well, unlucky to say the least. He had gotten two different women pregnant, and BOTH of his baby mamas had given birth to triplets! I feel so bad for him. I have the mc command center mod, so I'm not really looking forward to the child support :#
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I had like 2 triplets in the past week alone, I think something is definitely up.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Maybe Sim fertility rates randomly boosted this year? ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    MeishakMeishak Posts: 28 Member
    How are other people getting twins so often -_-. I'm playing like 18 families in my rotational save and I've only gotten twins 3 times (I have changed the numbers for 2 of the 3 with mccc because as an irl twin can confirm twins are hard)
  • Options
    I wanted twins in one of my families in a rotational save, so I used the lot trait for it. It somehow affected all the families in the save as every sim who was pregnant during that time all had twins. I immediately removed that trait lol.