Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can I get my twins back from social services

The game gliched after the father brought the son twin home first '
He Left mother in hospital which is where I was viewing so didnt see father taking child .followed mother who had girl twin who took a cab home. We go into the house an the boy twin is on the floor by the staircase leading to the 2nd floor. No one can pick him up .. I even hire a babysitter thinking the game would alow a game charater to pick him up. No..nadda ..baby is staving an cannot get changed..meanwhie the other twin is treated like golden.. Parents went thru hell... all there bars were red ..they couldnt even sleep so would pass out ..so they got taken away. I had them have another chid which is doing good ..but they still think of the twins....I have played on so not sure I even can but thought I'd ask anyway... Oh by the way even the worker coudlnt get the child so the game slid the kid out an tooK him LOL .. :lol:

Comments

• Options
    ZorgaZorga Posts: 614 Member
    edited March 2013
    Short answer: You can't.
    Kids taken by social workers are gone from the system (aka game).

The ONLY work around is by using 'save as' (btw this won't help you now, but in the future) and saving the game as a different save file at each milestone and/or end of playing session (aka when you shut the game down).
    I myself save things like 'John Newbie 1' then 'John Newbie 2', deleting old/unimportant save files the next time I log into the game.
    So I keep a backup of the 2 most recent saves, and the save where John got his wifey pregnant, so I can determine the gender etc.

also: next time a sim is stuck, try ctrl shift c 'resetsim john Newbie' (or 'resetsim bella goth') or even resetsim *' which resets all sims. Should revert your sim to a clear area.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited March 2013
    I had a child taken way back - probably in 2009. I found her living with the Bunch family. She still recognised her mother and visited occasionally but I never got her back into the family. Probably could have if I'd used Edit Town/merge households but was still learning about the game back then.
  • Options
    LevithiaLevithia Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    Thank you for the reply. I figured ..it doesnt hurt to ask. Also thanks for the tip for the future. Didn't know I could reset a sim.

• Options
    Sims_foreverSims_forever Posts: 2 New Member
    It's some I just found a way. Go off the game and click on the game and press recover saved . I lost my child but when I did this it recovered my game and I have her back
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    It's some I just found a way. Go off the game and click on the game and press recover saved . I lost my child but when I did this it recovered my game and I have her back

It is also a good idea to use Save As and use a new name for each save, then you always have something to go back to. Generally people add a number at the end of the name so it's easy to work out the order of the saves.
  • Options
    EA_DarDarEA_DarDar Posts: 45 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey Folks,

This thread is from March 2013, as such, I'll be closing the thread down. I appreciate everyone providing tips and hopefully if anyone else has this issue they can find the thread and use them.

- DarDar
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top