Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Sims 4 be played on a tablet?

Title says it all. Anyone playing on a tablet or know if it can be?

Comments

• Options
    SammyAndJammySammyAndJammy Posts: 46 Member
    It can be run on a tablet like the Surface Pro, or anything else running a full version of Windows if they have adequate specs. Otherwise, no. It won't run on iOS or Android.
  • Options
    james123433james123433 Posts: 382 Member
    > @cwaddell said:
    > Title says it all. Anyone playing on a tablet or know if it can be?
    If you had a Tablet that runs Windows 8 x32 version it should, the microsoft surface would be the best bet. It wont run under WIndows 8 RT though due to the ARM processor.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited September 2014
    No it can't. Edit: apparently a surface might?
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Thanks.
  • Options
    james123433james123433 Posts: 382 Member
    > @horrorfan1980s said:
    > No it can't. Edit: apparently a surface might?
    Yes if you cant get your hands on any tablet running a normal version of widnow 8 built for 32 bit or 64 bit processors the game will run as it's a full blown windows machine, if you get Windows 8 RT its made purely for ARM processors and it wont run.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    > @horrorfan1980s said:<br />
    > No it can't. Edit: apparently a surface might?<br />
    Yes if you cant get your hands on any tablet running a normal version of widnow 8 built for 32 bit or 64 bit processors the game will run as it's a full blown windows machine, if you get Windows 8 RT its made purely for ARM processors and it wont run.

Thanks. Didn't know that.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    DajuberthelotDajuberthelot Posts: 12 New Member
    I play The Sims 4 on a tablet and the game doesn't work really well...
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    It can be run on a tablet like the Surface Pro, or anything else running a full version of Windows if they have adequate specs. Otherwise, no. It won't run on iOS or Android.

No tablet has the right specs to safely run it tho

Long story put short just for the op:
    200_s.gif
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    You could try it on the Surface...Ya know if you already owned one. The problem with it is that the Surface is more workhorse than gaming, and has integrated graphics. Integrated graphics can't safely or efficiently play high-performance games. Other than the Surface, there are no tablets that can even run a desktop operating system.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited July 2015
    Only a Surface would be able to handle the Sims, but it is unwise to game on one.

You need a proper laptop with a dedicated GPU to be able to play the Sims.

EDIT: Even though this is a resurrected thread... This is somewhat a relevant topic.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Only a Surface would be able to handle the Sims, but it is unwise to game on one.

You need a proper laptop with a dedicated GPU to be able to play the Sims.

EDIT: Even though this is a resurrected thread... This is somewhat a relevant topic.

yes, it is a relevant topic
    they should port that game for tablets, sell it for 9,99
    should have done it from the start, would have gotten probably a way better customers response

& just let a PC simulation where it was originally, actually simulating

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    A Surface could run it, but I wouldn't recommend it. The game would generate too much heat, and over time it will shorten the tablet's lifespan.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    MrawsomeMrawsome Posts: 1 New Member
    All's I think is that people should make a version of sims that u can play on tablet
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited June 2017
    Mrawsome wrote: »
    All's I think is that people should make a version of sims that u can play on tablet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmNVt5B4rSY
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.gp.simsmobile&hl=en

I don't think it'll ever become anything more than this because anything more wouldn't be able to function on smartphones/tablets without adequate processing power.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Yeah, I tried it on android, you can download it, but it's too heavy to play it.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Wabbit Tablet? :lol:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    R0W4NR0W4N Posts: 5 New Member
    I can run it on my surface pro with the screen detached. But personally, I wouldn't recommend, unless you were to hook up a mouse and keyboard via Bluetooth (But I have fat fingers and hate playing on a tablet so that's my opinion)
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    No, it can't. And I hope they'll never try to make it work on tablets. The game already suffers as it is because of the players that insist on playing it on Win XP computers.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »
    Title says it all. Anyone playing on a tablet or know if it can be?

Yes you can, you can access your PC on your ios/android by getting this: https://www.splashtop.com/downloads

Scroll down to splashtop personal, download and install it, create an account, then download it on your ios/android, login and follow the steps to link them together. You can do anything from your phone/tablet on to the pc :)
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!