Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hairstyle has blonde streaks

AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
edited January 2018 in Mods Bugs & Issues
https://thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-hair-hairstyles-female/title/anto--honey-(hair)/id/1401700/

This hairstyle (which is so pretty) has blonde streaks in it when I zoom out D:

Anyway to fix this or does the creator need to fix it?

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Maybe take the computer off laptop mode.
  • Options
    It's never on laptop mode.
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    I think it has to be more with your graphic setting in the game. As it has been mentioned make sure laptop mode is off and maybe check the sims detail & texture setting.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If it's CC, you just have to take what you get.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I think it's CC.
  • Options
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I think it's CC.

Maybe the original was blond and when you zoom out it loses credibility. Try contacting the maker for help.
  • Options
    Also that was sarcasm. I don't recall that hairstyle coming in any packs or the base game.

But yeah, I'll try contacting the creator.
  • Options
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    Also that was sarcasm. I don't recall that hairstyle coming in any packs or the base game.

But yeah, I'll try contacting the creator.

Are you saying you were being sarcastic or I was being sarcastic?
  • Options
    I was sarcastic.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I’m confused
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    This sounds like alpha hair (hair that doesn’t match TS4 art style).
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Yeah this can happen sometimes with high poly count alpha hair if you have it on a lower graphical setting then it was designed to be viewed on. Probably the only way to fix it is to play on a higher graphics.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Okie dokie
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,641 Member
    Peeps, those streaks are just HIGHLIGHTS. Everybody has them in their hair. I am a natural redhead and had golden streaks as highlights that were equally natural. Now, those golden highlights have gone white. I think that hair and the hairstyle are beautiful @AmySims09 , but if it troubles you, delete the cc.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    amyandthesimsamyandthesims Posts: 1 New Member
    you definitely just have to try increasing your settings- a lot of people have this problem with alpha hair when their settings are too low so i would just try changing the settings to see which one works!
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Someone’s trying to help you and you respond with sarcasm? Nice.

Just take the hairstyle into CAS and edit the highlights....oh sorry...it’s the sims 4, you can’t do that.

Guess you’ll just have to delete it. #yourule
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited January 2018
    the highlights aren't a part of the hair, guys. put your graphics on the lowest setting and download any alpha hair and you'll quickly see what amy means.
    they aren't really "highlights", they're more like thick yellow stripes.
    eta; here's a pic
    tumblr_p2maboov9o1v707rto1_1280.png
    the first + center is on ultra (minus post processing) and the second is on the lowest settings possible.
    if you have medium settings the "streaks" will only appear when you zoom out. you must play on ultra for alpha cc to function correctly.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    MoonflowflyMoonflowfly Posts: 8 New Member
    The only way to fix this is to play your Sims on the highest settings and not on laptop mode either. Atleast, that's how it works for me. Creators of this type of hair usually state that you should play on High graphics settings to avoid this issue. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    ipippinipippin Posts: 37 Member
    The hair is Alpha - high poly custom content - so a simple fix is to just up the Sim graphics rather than the entirety of the game (i.e; set graphics to medium/custom and ensure 'sim' is high/very high, whilst the rest is custom to you). Laptop mode wouldn't help and it is recommended to be turned off due to its negative affects on CC in-game. Just more of an explanation to this since the above comments were rather scattered.
  • Options
    sipstea_3sipstea_3 Posts: 23 New Member
    I have my sims stuff all at Ultra but all my Alpha hairs are broken in Cas, Build Mode, and Life Mode and I don't know what to do I don't have S4S either