Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this not possible?

My sim had a one night stand with a girl and she got pregnant. His son lives with the mom, but now that he's a child, he wants to live with his dad. The dad has best friend status with the son and there is no option to "Ask to Move in". Does this not work for children?

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Not without mods. You will just need to do it via manage worlds.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,108 Member
    dumb. That's all I have to say.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    MCCC allows for teens to be able to allow "ask to move in." It is not game breaking, you just need to use you imagination.
  • Options
    well I need a child to move in. No, it's not game-breaking but there is more storytelling with the "ask to move in" option as opposed to just doing it through manage worlds. That's all :)
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    you can always go into mange world and transfer him to your active sim household
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    If he is still friends with the mother he can ask the mother to move in and then when the screen comes up take the kid only.
  • Options
    aujineh wrote: »
    If he is still friends with the mother he can ask the mother to move in and then when the screen comes up take the kid only.

oh no...I have already decided the mother will come across a bad plate of pufferfish. hehe
  • Options
    aaronrulz wrote: »

oh no...I have already decided the mother will come across a bad plate of pufferfish. hehe

Lmao, >:) Well just get them friendly enough to ask her to move in then take the kid alone and carry on with the real plot. Sometimes you just have to work your story around the limitations.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member

Aha. Perhaps this could happen after she moves in?
  • Options

Seriously, she does not have to move in - just take the kid alone - I do it in my game all the time.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member

Seriously, she does not have to move in - just take the kid alone - I do it in my game all the time.

Right. Just trying to give some suggestions, as it seemed in their replies that the OP wanted to use something other than this method.
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    well I need a child to move in. No, it's not game-breaking but there is more storytelling with the "ask to move in" option as opposed to just doing it through manage worlds. That's all :)

We are only limited by our imagination ^_^