Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Digital Download is taking 70+ hours. Need help!!

Hi everyone.

Today I bought the Sims 3 digital download from ea. And downloaded ea's download manager to do this.

My download is taking forever, the time is fluctuating a lot going from 59 hours up to 230+ hours. Its averaging around 60 to 70 at the moment.

To fix this problem I've tried logging out and in to the download manger, right clicking the ea icon and selecting 'connect for updates', reinstalling the download manger, re-starting my computer and updating my internet to explorer 8. I've also stopped all other tasks and cleared memory on my computer and my internet's browser history. Nothing has helped.

I don't no much about computers but here are my system details incase the help someone help me.

Download currently running at approx 22.5KB/sec
My internet speed= 100.00 Mbps
I'm in NSW, Australia.

Please please please help me, 70+ hours to download is totally unreasonable to me.

Thank you. xo

Comments

• Options
    Mike_BannaMike_Banna Posts: 413 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Hi, my best advice would be to reset your modem and/or router.

Unplug your modem and router for 15-30 seconds and plug them back in, if your connection does not improve contact your ISP. And check your firewall to make sure it is not trying to block the download.
  • Options
    Ignorence_is_blissIgnorence_is_bliss Posts: 33 Member
    edited November 2009
    Thanks heaps, I'll try that.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    If you don't know how to access your firewall just let me know what OS you're using.(XP,Vista,Leopard)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I turned the modem off/back on. It increased the speed about 0.5KB/sec. I have cheacked the firewall, ea download manager is set as an exception to the rule. Thanks for your advice.

x
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Any other ideas??

x
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    My only other advice would be to contact your ISP, Australia does have a bandwidth cap so that could possibly be an issue on your current download.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Thanks, its night here so I'll try in the morning.

x
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    If anyone else has ideas, particularly something that mightbe quick, please share.

I really want to start playing!!

Thank you x.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Would be great if a Guru or someone from the sims could give me some quick advice too, if one of you happen to see this post.

X
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited November 2009
    Have you checked your download speed? I use http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ to check throughput.

I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    SoggySoapSoggySoap Posts: 405 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Try stopping the download all together and then restart. Sometimes things download slow, but if you restart the process, it gets really fast. Even computers can have brain farts. 8)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for the advice guys!!

To *****7 if I check the downoad speed is there a way I can increase it?

And thankd SoggySoup but the 15 hours of progress I have made by waiting it out is something I can't risk lsing esspecially when stopping it before was unsuccessful. Thank you though.

x