Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats & Dogs - has anyone figured out exact lifespan?

I play with custom life span settings using MCCC and obviously it hasn't been updated to accomodate pets yet.

I just wanted to see if I could find the default lifespan setting for the pets so that I can adjust the "desired" pet lifespan that I can manually control by keeping aging off and manually aging.

Has anyone figured it out yet?

~K

Comments

• Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    mccc will come with a aging setting for pets soon.
  • Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    Bol756 wrote: »
    mccc will come with a aging setting for pets soon.

I know, that will be awesome!!

I just didnt know if anyone figured out the normal game lifespan yet
  • Options
    Sims 3 had a pets slider for dogs,cats and horses they just got lazy with sims 4 .
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Sims 3 had a pets slider for dogs,cats and horses they just got lazy with sims 4 .

Yeah but sims don't even have a slider. Maybe one day.
  • Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member

Yeah but sims don't even have a slider. Maybe one day.

Age sliders would be awesome!! Thats why i love using mccc to set the different lengths for ages
  • Options
    you can set sims age with mcc too 1000 days.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I hope there will be sliders. Puppies and kittens is too short in my opinion.
  • Options
    BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    I know this is super small and not fully what you are looking for, but dogs are puppies for about 10 days on long lifespan. Only know this because I’ve played about 10 days and he just aged up!
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Do pets have the elder stage?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Do pets have the elder stage?

Yes, they do :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited December 2017
    I play with mccc and a custom life span , i have my game on long and my sims dog was 10 days as a puppy and has 78 days as an adult , i have the control pet mod so it shows how long they have.
    Normal life span only showed 4 days as a puppy and 20 days as a adult. I thought that was to short but 78 to long if mccc does pets i can do a custom life span for them to.
    Post edited by secretuk1965 on
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    what do you find so intressting in aging in a game me I find it more fun keeping aging fully turn off and that setting also go for pets
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    @secretuk1965 have you been able to adjust cats and dogs life spans since MCCC updated? I'm so confused, I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I think the life span of a pet depends on how well you take care of them throughout their life. I believe if a pet gets sick and stays sick for too long it actually shortens their life span.