Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some changes i found annoying

I noticed that sims now directly take a portion out of a plate whenever they cook a family/group meal. The option to call others for dinner becomes pointless and i end up with separate plates everywhere. I rather have the sim just put down the family meal and wait for me to decide. Just when they cook a single meal, they can eat it. I guess it was like that before too.

Another thing is when i visit another household, i could always just build on the lot whenever i wanted to change or adjust something there, but now i have to go back to the neighbourhood, go into build mode on the lot, load the lot again, close it, come back to my main sims and then they need to knock on the door again to enter the house. Its pretty annoying. Dont see why that has changed.. it does no good.

Comments

• Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I noticed that sims now directly take a portion out of a plate whenever they cook a family/group meal. The option to call others for dinner becomes pointless and i end up with separate plates everywhere. I rather have the sim just put down the family meal and wait for me to decide. Just when they cook a single meal, they can eat it. I guess it was like that before too.

Another thing is when i visit another household, i could always just build on the lot whenever i wanted to change or adjust something there, but now i have to go back to the neighbourhood, go into build mode on the lot, load the lot again, close it, come back to my main sims and then they need to knock on the door again to enter the house. Its pretty annoying. Dont see why that has changed.. it does no good.

It's always been like that for me. I've been playing since January 2015.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I am playing it since the beginning and honestly.. i havent seen any of this. I remember i could build the household i was at and that they did not take plates autonomously. I don't have free will on also.. never had.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    You can't build on a residential lot that your active sim doesn't own. It has been that way since I have been playing.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    You can't build on a residential lot if you're visiting. However you can freely edit community lots. It's always been that way. I haven't noticed the food thing. It still drives me nuts that they haven't made it so your family just sits there for a full meal. They usually get straight up when I just want them to sit their plums down!!
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    There is a new option to get leftovers. I like that.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I am playing it since the beginning and honestly.. i havent seen any of this. I remember i could build the household i was at and that they did not take plates autonomously. I don't have free will on also.. never had.

No free will for my sims, either, and I haven't done the pre-C&D patch yet, but my sims take a serving for themselves after cooking nonetheless. It only occurs when the cook is hungry (lower yellow). Or, rather, it used to occur, because I use a mod to stopp this behaviour for some time now. When I tell the game I don't want free will I mean exactly that. In case you are interested, it's here, updated for C&D: http://littlemssam.de/no-auto-food-grab-after-cooking/
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member

No free will for my sims, either, and I haven't done the pre-C&D patch yet, but my sims take a serving for themselves after cooking nonetheless. It only occurs when the cook is hungry (lower yellow). Or, rather, it used to occur, because I use a mod to stopp this behaviour for some time now. When I tell the game I don't want free will I mean exactly that. In case you are interested, it's here, updated for C&D: http://littlemssam.de/no-auto-food-grab-after-cooking/

Thanks for the link! I'm currently playing a vampire with a withered stomach who has two kids whom he has to cook meals for - it gets kind of annoying when he automatically grabs a plate for himself when I'm not looking and ends up throwing up. :lol: Happens every time. I focus on the kids for a few minutes while he's cooking and before I know it, he's running to the toilet feeling Very Uncomfortable. Like why dude. Why.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    edited November 2017
    This has always happened to me also, but I believe it directly depends on how hungry your sim is. If my sim isn't all that hungry they don't tend to take a plate, but if they are hungry they always do. I tend to let my sims get hungry before cooking though.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member

Thanks for the link! I'm currently playing a vampire with a withered stomach who has two kids whom he has to cook meals for - it gets kind of annoying when he automatically grabs a plate for himself when I'm not looking and ends up throwing up. :lol: Happens every time. I focus on the kids for a few minutes while he's cooking and before I know it, he's running to the toilet feeling Very Uncomfortable. Like why dude. Why.

Wow..... Thats a uh.... Oversite for sure... Devs should disable that option completely. Why would a vampire autonomously grab food? I can see why that would bother you, it bothers me and its not even my game haha
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    I noticed the food thing too because for some reason my vampires with withered stomachs are often the best cooks in the family (go figure). I remember this behavior from a while back and I thought it had been patched out; I want to say it's something that's returned as an issue rather than having always been there without interruption.

However, it did provide me with one rather hilarious moment yesterday - my vampire sim cooked a family meal, automatically took a serving and started eating before I could stop him. Just then one of the very annoying neighbors from the next apartment knocked on the door and did that "Hey neighbor! Can I have some of whatever food you're cooking!?" thing. I sent the vampire over to decline - or possibly eat the neighbor - but what actually happened was he made it across the room to the door, opened it, and barfed all over the neighbor's feet.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    @FurSimsOriginal I get around the building issue with the bb.enablefreebuild cheat. When you activate it, you can freely edit any lot you're on, whether a public venue or residential. Saves time and frustration :)
  • Options
    SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    I noticed the food thing too because for some reason my vampires with withered stomachs are often the best cooks in the family (go figure). I remember this behavior from a while back and I thought it had been patched out; I want to say it's something that's returned as an issue rather than having always been there without interruption.

However, it did provide me with one rather hilarious moment yesterday - my vampire sim cooked a family meal, automatically took a serving and started eating before I could stop him. Just then one of the very annoying neighbors from the next apartment knocked on the door and did that "Hey neighbor! Can I have some of whatever food you're cooking!?" thing. I sent the vampire over to decline - or possibly eat the neighbor - but what actually happened was he made it across the room to the door, opened it, and barfed all over the neighbor's feet.

Thanks for the laugh. That's hysterical. Too bad the other sim probably didn't react. I'd like it if they'd be like "Gaaah GROSS!" And run off, or throw up themselves.