Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Genealogy

The Sims 4 is a life simulation game. Did you know genealogy had to be patched in. Even so, it hasn't been done well. The game comes with achievements that require you to have 26 generations. Before one if the recent patches, dead sims were culled from family trees. Since the patch, they still run a risk of doing so. For why? That's stupid. Cut it out. Never had this problem in TS2 or TS3. Another thing, why aren't 'In-Laws' a thing? The Sims 4 is meant to be a Life Simulation game. It was a relationship status in previous games. One more thing, after Sims wed, why don't we get a pop up box with the option to change their surnames? The Sims 4 is meant to be a life simulation game, I'm just saying.

Comments

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited November 2017
    Your preaching to the choir matey. I’m right there with you. Just an FYI, the family tree will make note of in-laws and step parents/siblings but they do not show in the relationship panel which bugs me to high heaven.

I find I say ‘why?’ a lot with TS4.

—T
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Yeah, the genealogy stinks in this game. One of my very first posts here was my complaints regarding the lack of family trees upon release. I'm happy they patched it in, but it still needs work.
  • Options
    jonesboy22jonesboy22 Posts: 64 Member
    @To7m for real? I wasn't aware of that, thanks man. It's because it doesn't appear in the Relationship Panel, I made the silly assumption the game doesn't take note at all.

Speaking of Relationship Panel, I'm still salty that after all this time, patches and EPs, we still don't have a Co-Workers tab.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    jonesboy22 wrote: »
    @To7m for real? I wasn't aware of that, thanks man. It's because it doesn't appear in the Relationship Panel, I made the silly assumption the game doesn't take note at all.

Speaking of Relationship Panel, I'm still salty that after all this time, patches and EPs, we still don't have a Co-Workers tab.

Ikr? Or a family tab?

What’s up with that lol.

—T