Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Normal-sized dollhouses!

So with the ability to shrink objects in the recent patch, we can now finally have normal-sized dollhouses that don't take up half a room!

Here's the standard-sized dollhouse that takes up a 2x3 square area:

WaxP5E5.jpg

Shrunk it down to a 1x2 area:

TDKBqwo.jpg

It's still functional....looks about the right size for the toddler....the toddler plays a little off to the side of the dollhouse but it looks fine and takes up a lot less room....woohooo:

2C70uEE.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kirumagukirumagu Posts: 49 Member
    Wow, nice idea :D
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    I have been using this cheat like crazy. Really like your idea. Thanks!
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Yes!! When I heard about the downsize cheat, shrinking the dollhouse was my first thought. Immediately after the patch, it was also my first object I used the cheat on. :D
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I was wondering how well they'd work sized down. So far the only thing I've sized down is one of the microscope prints so that it would fit in my legacy sim's bathroom (the only room she's got right now lol).
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I never thought that doll house was over sized , guess it's what you're used to. I do like using the "downsizer" though and have used it on plants , mostly.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited November 2017
    cyncla wrote: »
    I never thought that doll house was over sized , guess it's what you're used to. I do like using the "downsizer" though and have used it on plants , mostly.

The house itself wouldn't be too bad if it didn't take up 6 squares of space, including the play area....and the one in my pic is the smallest looking one...some of the others look significantly larger than this one.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    This is great for small houses/apartments :smiley:
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Its sad we have to rely on cheats instead of Maxis making normal sized objects. Sims 4 lacks space and most lots are tiny. Makes no sense for everything to be so big ugh.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    caitlinxox10caitlinxox10 Posts: 28 New Member
    Omg this is the best thing ever, like I always get my kids doll houses, but I hate that they take up the whole room, I'm so glad I can make them small now! :D
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Was happy to see this addition, and the doll houses were a big reason why. The doll houses are nice, but they take up so much space, especially when most of my bedrooms tend to be fairly small.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Its sad we have to rely on cheats instead of Maxis making normal sized objects. Sims 4 lacks space and most lots are tiny. Makes no sense for everything to be so big ugh.

It's not really that much of a cheat. It's less of a cheat than Move Objects, since you don't even need bb.code to use it. It's on a level with sizing up, which we all do when we make our first toilet house. In fact it's less of a cheat. If you size up something like flowers or rocks you need less of it so it's cheaper. If you size down something it's going to take more of it to fill an area.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    The plants. I used to make some bigger, but now I can make them smaller too. I love it. Especially those potted tree plants with +4 Environment.
  • Options
    Or how about a cupcake machine that doesn't take up half a lot? It functions at the smaller size too, as long as you don't mind the cupcakes levitating through the air during the baking process, lol.

sdW4dbH.jpg

• Options
    SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    You mean I could have a normal sized telescope?
  • Options
    @Simsweetie I tried the telescope. It's still functional at the smallest size but looks funky as your sim is bigger than the inside area when he/she steps inside it:

DljEfJD.png

However, you can shrink it down one notch which gives you a more manageable size and your sim won't clip through it when entering it:

3eifhrj.png

• Options
    LilyGraceGamingLilyGraceGaming Posts: 63 Member
    I'm so excited about this update! Not gotten to use it yet, but pumped! does anyone know if tiny beds wok?
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I've gotta say, this feature has changed my LIFE!