Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some Suggestions For The Sims 3 ~ Feel Free To Add To What I Listed! *EDITED*

araikoearaikoe Posts: 20 New Member
>?<Instruments!: I cannot stress how much I want new instruments. The guitar is great, but what about the piano and violin? I think the piano and violin should definitely be added, but if you're feeling generous, how about including the drums, flute, cello, trumpet, or any other instrument you can think of. One thing I like about TS3 is the separate different skills (e.g. Guitar Skill instead of just the Creativity Skill). So, if you do add these instruments, please keep them all separate skills. How about allowing Sims to join/form a band? Can kids play certain instruments, too?

Fashion/"Superstar" Expansion: Yep, you've heard it before. But, I would like different careers such as Model, Singer, Fashion Designer, Actor, etc. Could some be separate skills (particularly Singing). Could teens model, too? AND, if a Sim becomes famous, could they be recognized by everyone else as an "Idol" or "Celebrity." Some things in the Modeling industry would be needing to stay in shape, etc.

Magic!: Ooh, I'd really like some magic in TS3. Yep, vampires, werewolves, and other fun stuff. How about a Fairy-like Sim species or something (certain powers and stuff). Genies? Mermaids, possibly? Those are just suggestions, but I'd really like vampires and werewolves back. If they are coming back, could you make them look...erm, better? No vampires that go like, "Bleh!" all the time. Or, could Sims be Witches or Wizards/Warlocks? And cast spells on other Sims and stuff. Magic could be another skill...(hint, hint).

I really really want magic!! haha. If seasons is added, I'd love to have little fairies fly around on summer nights! :wink:

Seasons: Well, I really liked TS2 Seasons, but it would be VERY convenient if you could combine Seasons with another expansion pack (for example, Magic or University, maybe?).

University: I liked TS2 University, but could it be IN the neighborhood this time (like, in Sunset Valley)? How about exchange programs from college or high school to other countries (World Adventures connection!). Other languages, maybe (Simlish Chinese, Simlish French, etc.)? That last idea...well, not so much, but it's a suggestion.

Urban Neighborhoods: I think it would be pretty nifty to combine apartments with an urban neighborhood. I like the country feel of the current neighborhoods, but what about the downtown areas, the night clubs, discos, skyscrapers, and apartment complexes? All of the buildings and floors don't have to be playable (perhaps the first few floors, and then have the rest just be for the overall urban feel; decoration), but I think an urban neighborhood would be great! And with the lots closer together and more congested. You could have one area (the downtown) close and congested, and have the s"uburbs" surrounding it all in one neighborhood.

New Skills!: I'm such a sucker for new skills. Hehe. I think pottery, sculpting, singing, new instrument skills (if a lot are added, divide the music skills by instrument type; like woodwind, string, etc.), dancing, magic, (will add more later).

New Traits: Shy, gullible, attractive, not attractive, stupid/not intelligent, loves/dislikes animals, good at dancing, natural actor, entrepreneur, winter sim, autumn sim (etc.)

New Cars: New cars would be nice, and other vehicles too. I always thought the VW Beatle was cute. Hehe. :wink: Convertibles? Old-fashioned cars (like the Model T)? If, by some chance, horses are one day included, what about horse and carriage? Dog sleds if seasons and pets are included?

New Activities: Seasons would open up so much. Snowboarding, sledding, ice ckating, and skiing!

Teens: I wish more was out there for the teens. I would really like to have a modeling career in the future and have teens be able to model! What about school events and clubs like the prom? What about exchange programs to other countries for school? What about dating/dates? More teen furniture? New jobs? What about cliques or "labels", or a "reputation meter?"

Business: Be able to open up your own business! I liked the haircut chair from OFB. What about a hotel? Haha, that'd be fun.

Opinions? I'll probably add more later. :wink:

Comments

• Options
    ladaragladarag Posts: 14
    edited November 2009
    GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE :mrgreen:
    U HAVE HIT EVERYTHIN ON THE NAIL

OH BTW WAY BETTER CARS
  • Options
    DmoquinnDmoquinn Posts: 748 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I like the idea of mixing Magic with Seasons!
    If you are good enough at your magic powers, you can change the seasons.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Neat idea! My Sim could wreak havoc on the pesky neighbors by blowing their house away. *evil grin* :wink:
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    ladarag wrote:
    GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE :mrgreen:
    U HAVE HIT EVERYTHIN ON THE NAIL

OH BTW WAY BETTER CARS

Haha thanks. :wink: Yeah, new cars would be cool.
  • Options
    uuuubobuuuubob Posts: 19 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Great Ideas!

I have more suggestions for Season EP (if possible)
    Weather (obviously)
    Wind

Rain

Snow

Flood - have an on or off switch

Hurricane- Since the town is on the coast we should have some rain, wind, and flooding but have no one die in it, just destroy some personal property and knock down some trees and blow out windows and maybe some walls are gone no real major damage. Power outages. also if people don't want this to happen put a "yes or no" box in the options

Blizzard - Being from South Dakota I want the Sims to have the experience of being trapped inside for a few days (same as above yes or no box in options)

Drought- Water level's of Sea and lakes/ponds drop or dry up, again options

Moodlets-
    Terrified/petrified - (from Hurricane, Flood, Blizzard, robbery or Fire)

Wet- comes from being caught in the rain or in a flood

Thirsty- from drought

Traits -
    Suvivor - Can survive a natural disaster and help others through it

Life Savier- can save lives either in drowning or in any other death situation, allows plead for his/her life or others life; also comes with take me instead, when dealing with loved-one, child, spouse or parent(when old)

Can swim - I think that the sims should go through swimming lessons if they don't have trait and if they swim without prior knowledge of swimming or with out this trait would drowned unless being saved by a person with the "life saving" trait

Misc.-

Insurance Company- Sims can chose to have insurance and allows sims to create a will to leave their loved ones with possesions with a certain person. can be put in the corporate towers with the business and journalism careers. Also adds great career to the game

Swimming in the ocean - Allow sims to swim in ocean if they know how

Shortness/tallness- allow some sims to be short and some to be tall or even normal

Power outages - have lights go off in part of the city and have the "its dark" moodlet

make laptops portable!

Aliens!!!!!!

Werewolves-
    Vampires

Shape shifters

Thanx
    UUUUBob

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    heartagram_sazheartagram_saz Posts: 32 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Omg your ideas are awsome!!! I really want some magic in ts3.

Sims should be able to get drunk! Drunk moodlet, makes the sim happy and do stuff they wouldnt normaly do, then the morning after: hangover moodlet, affects the sims mood, makes the sims sick.

I'd like to see the wedding arch back and the hot tub.

Electric guitars, bass guitars, piano's, dj decks etc
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for your ideas and feedback, guys!

uuubob: I have a secret desire to blow my Sims' houses away. :wink:

heartagram_saz: Haha thanks. I think it would be cool to see your Sims all drunk and stuff, especially with the morning hangover, but I think EA wants to keep the rating at T, which is probably why the Nectar in World Adventures is non-alcoholic. *shrugs* Maybe in the future. You never know, right? I'd have my teen Sims sneak out to a bar at night. Hehe. :wink:
  • Options
    ihassugarihassugar Posts: 22 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I love everyone's ideas I would really like some bunk beds.
  • Options
    BrowningBrowning Posts: 715 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Sorry not to sound rude or anything but please no magic.
    The werewolves vampires pixies sound nothing like the game was made to be.
    Wasn't it made to create a world/town with life simulation and stuff?
    This is not world of warcraft or the other magical games sorry.
    But overall most of the ideas are perfect.
    Please don't hate. I was trying to not offend no1
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Browning wrote:
    Sorry not to sound rude or anything but please no magic.
    The werewolves vampires pixies sound nothing like the game was made to be.
    Wasn't it made to create a world/town with life simulation and stuff?
    This is not world of warcraft or the other magical games sorry.
    But overall most of the ideas are perfect.
    Please don't hate. I was trying to not offend no1

Haha, it's fine. I've just always loved the idea of having magic in TS3. I mean, there's mummies and ghosts and a Grim Reaper in the game, so why not magic? I know what you mean, though. I didn't mean magic like in WoW, but maybe some of the stuff from Makin' Magic. Thanks for your post. :wink:
  • Options
    kozmikkozmik Posts: 2 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I would like to have a bank put in the game. You can get loans or you can deposit money into an account and earn interest. I think a bank would go hand in hand with Business like where you could take out a loan to start up a business etc. :)
  • Options
    rainbow924rainbow924 Posts: 8
    edited November 2009
    I'm so glad this thread is here! I've been REALLY thinking about something, sort of daydreaming, really, and I haven't read anything about it.

Pets.
    Like, dogs and cats and snakes and all sorts of creepy crawlies. And not just one generic breed of dog, but different breeds-- pedigrees and mutts and all sorts of things. Same goes with cats, and all kinds of animals.

I would just really love to have pets in the game, since I'm a huge animal lover. =)
  • Options
    jsprincessjsprincess Posts: 4
    edited November 2009
    PETS & FARM LIFE!!!! :D
  • Options
    JamPotJamPot Posts: 63 Member
    edited November 2009
    Awesome ideas! I miss the instruments aswell, they were cool.. I also liked having the option to go Downtown to bars and stuff in Sims 2 Nightlife.. they should definately bring that back..! :mrgreen: