Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seeking solutions for dogs in apartments doing outdoor business.

My sims live in an apartment in Uptown district 888 Spire Apartments and have a dog, the dog waits at the front door to be let outside to do his business.

How can I let him outside each time I want to take him outside to do his business? I don't see how to install a doggie door. Does he need one to go outside? He can walk through doors in the apartment.

What can I do? I have to let the dog out every time he has to go? I have to let my dog out in real life already. :|

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I had the same issue. Get your sim downstairs and then call your Pet by clicking the whistle. Then, order him
    To go potty.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited November 2017
    I believe you have to take him out on the leash, but only until he learns to go himself.
    I could be wrong, but my thoughts are that the dog won't go out until he learns that behavior.
    I tested in an apartment, and my dog who had already learned to go on his own was able to take the elevator himself.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    MeteoricDragonMeteoricDragon Posts: 245 Member
    Ok, That helps, thanks. I thought I would have to put him on the leash each time he needs to go out.

I tried hooking him up on the leash and then telling my sim to teleport outside. (she has high wellness)