The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Autonomous pet breeding

If you have two pets in the opposite gender, and if they're not spayed or neutered, can the pets get pregnant without you directing them to breed?

Comments

• Options
    Chomper88Chomper88 Posts: 32 Member
    I have no idea because I still have not successfully made my female dog pregnant yet even with telling them to breed...

I would love to know this answer though!
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    Chomper88 wrote: »
    I have no idea because I still have not successfully made my female dog pregnant yet even with telling them to breed...

I kinda wish my sims were like that. I mean, not every try has to result in a kid.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    Chomper88Chomper88 Posts: 32 Member
    > @megiare said:
    >
    > I kinda wish my sims were like that. I mean, not every try has to result in a kid.

I do too!!

I am sad that they have not had puppies yet but at the same time I think it is awesome that they made it a little difficult.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member

At least you made a female dog. I looked everywhere and couldn't find where to set a gender for my dogs! I made my Sim family and first thing my "girl" dog did in game was lift her leg to pee. :#
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

At least you made a female dog. I looked everywhere and couldn't find where to set a gender for my dogs!

It's the same place you set the gender for all other sims....upper left corner of CAS/CAP.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

At least you made a female dog. I looked everywhere and couldn't find where to set a gender for my dogs!

It's the same place you set the gender for all other sims....upper left corner of CAS/CAP.

I will look again next round. somehow I kept missing it. Thanks!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    faith4jesusfaith4jesus Posts: 95 Member
    I did the same thing jcp.
  • Options
    ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    megiare wrote: »

I kinda wish my sims were like that. I mean, not every try has to result in a kid.

But it is like that, once I had a female sim that I had to make her try 5 times for her to make a baby, every time she went to the bathroom and she saw she wans't pregnant, she got a sad moodlet for not being pregnant.
  • Options
    Average_simmerAverage_simmer Posts: 25 Member
    Pets can autonomously breed. In game I have a female border collie mix and a male mini aussie and now the border collie is expecting.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

my sims are like that. i think they think whoo is some kind of sport.
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member

I think adult sims are less likely to get pregnant then young adult ones, just out of what I have noted during gameplay over time. XD
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Shades302 wrote: »

I think adult sims are less likely to get pregnant then young adult ones, just out of what I have noted during gameplay over time. XD

mine were still getting pregnant as elders.
  • Options
    ceinwynie wrote: »

But it is like that, once I had a female sim that I had to make her try 5 times for her to make a baby, every time she went to the bathroom and she saw she wans't pregnant, she got a sad moodlet for not being pregnant.

I wouldn't really mind the sad moodlet honestly, it's an honest reaction. Some people (IRL) can be sad because they are pregnant! So, for me, it would just add to my play story. I kind of wish the moodlets were more sporadic and you could be confident because you had a successful try, or you're tense because you've been trying and it's not happening. Instead of always happy or sad.

@friendsfan367 do you have MCCC in? I don't know remember if elders can get pregnant in the game w/out a mod. Or can you set it in CAS w/ the can or can't get pregnant feature? Or is that MCCC again? :D:D
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    My two cats just mated autonomously. My female had the hearts thing(heat?) and I was trying to befriend a cute stray and get her to mate with him, then I looked over and caught the end of the hearts from my two cats mating. She was only in heat for a few minutes before this happened. But they can breed autonomously.
  • Options
    tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    I have a female and male dog and they always have little hearts swirling above their heads when they see eachother... To the vet we go! LOL
  • Options
    I have a female and male dog and they always have little hearts swirling above their heads when they see eachother... To the vet we go! LOL

that's cute!
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    AiiSandraAiiSandra Posts: 47 Member
    How do you know if the cat or dog is pregnant? do you have to wait for the belly to show, or can you find out a different way?
  • Options
    0Noqa0Noqa Posts: 36 Member
    My dogs had the "woohoo" interaction without that I direct them. But she didn't get pregnant.

@AiiSandra The game tells you instantly. And your dog belly will grow :3
    Check out my Sims 4 gallery for pets creations :3 " 0Noqa "
  • Options
    PeroxidexoxPeroxidexox Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes - They will randomly mate. I had an unexpected litter of puppies. I never saw them mate or asked them to mate. TBH I didn't even know my dog was pregnant until the notification for puppies popped up. I wish there was a better way to get rid of the puppies without a negative moodlet.
  • Options
    SkyrueSkyrue Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Peroxidexox;c-16157617"]Yes - They will randomly mate. I had an unexpected litter of puppies. I never saw them mate or asked them to mate. TBH I didn't even know my dog was pregnant until the notification for puppies popped up. I wish there was a better way to get rid of the puppies without a negative moodlet. [/quote]

Same thing happened to me just now. Had a female cat suddenly give birth. No idea who the dad is since I have only one pet in the household and I never saw a stray or saw her breed in any way. Looked back in the notifications and saw that the game never told me she was pregnant, which it does whenever I intentionally breed.

Do pets get dazed while giving birth? If not, I just discovered that the cursed lot trait effects pets as well. I suddenly saw her portrait being light purple. I disabled the cursed lot trait before I realized she was in labor so now I'm unsure which was the cause
  • Options
    SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    I left my style influencer Sim alone for a week while playing my actress and came back to a batch of kittens in her apartment! I will admit I sold them because she already had many, many, many cats.
  • Options
    cactusflowercactusflower Posts: 31 Member
    ^ Something similar happened to me. One of the female cats in my household also had a surprise litter of kittens. There was no notification that she was pregnant, but she has the 'free spirit' and 'prowler' traits so she would often disappear off of the lot and come back with gifts for my Sim, so I assume that she got pregnant during her travels.
  • Options
    sweetxhoneysweetxhoney Posts: 1 New Member
    My sim came back one day from the vet and I managed to get a glimpse of my dogs mating when I didn't even tell them to, sadly she didn't get pregnant. :(