Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Update Didnt fix Launcher

So today it told me that i finally could update my game. My game is currently at 2.2.9.002001 , but my launcher still does not install or uninstall sims 3 packs!

Comments

• Options
    LDoCampoLDoCampo Posts: 79 New Member
    edited November 2009
    You're not alone. Mine only let me update to 1.7, and that won't let me install or uninstall anything either.
  • Options
    userditzyuserditzy Posts: 11 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I have the D2D download version, I got it to work by doing this:

1. Unpack the zip file that was downloaded from D2D. A folder should show up.

2. Open "Disk Utility" on you mac.

3. When Disk Utility opens, click on the "+new image" tab. When the drop down menu appears, start with the top dialog box. Name it "Sims 3." 2nd box- save it to the desktop. "Disk Name", don't touch that one. The next box "volume size", hit that, and select custom. When the next window appears, Click the left box and put in "6". In the right box, change to GB. Now click on the Partions Tab, change it to just plan old CD/DVD. Don't touch anything else, click create.

4. Close disk utility.

5. Go to the desk top. There will be a Sims 3.dmg file, and a "Disk Image" Icon. Go INTO the folder that was extracted from the sims 3 zip file. Highlight all contents in the folder, drag them onto the "Disk Image" Icon. It will copy them. DO NOT DRAG THE FOLDER ONTO IT. GO INTO THE FOLDER, AND GET THE CONTENTS, DRAG THEM OUT OF IT.

6. When it's done copying, double click the "Disk Image" Icon that we created, go inside, Click the "The Sims 3 Installer" Icon. It will run.

If you don't have the download version I would not try this. However if you do this worked perfectly for me.
  • Options
    simfanxxsimfanxx Posts: 53 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I dont have the digital version, i have the cd version...