Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloading through Origin

I'm downloading Sims 3 again onto my laptop and through Origin I have the base game, seasons, and university life.
The rest of my EPs are discs, but my laptop doesn't read discs anymore and won't download them. I know you can take the code to origin and digitally download it, however my problem is my email address on origin is different now from when I first got Sims 3 so all of the codes are registered with a different email so origin is telling me that they have already been redeemed. Is there anything I can do?
670?cb=20130818204250
"Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    You would have to contact EA directly through origin. We can't help with account issues here. Only EA has the authority to view and help change the email on your account
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    There are only two things you can do, besides repurchasing the EPs under one account.

-- Contact EA Customer Service from the HELP menu at the bottom of these forum pages (on a full-sized browser window) for a real-time chat or phone callback and ask that the two Origin accounts be merged together. Or at least that your EP registrations from one account be moved over into the other one, which is essentially the same thing. There is a risk that you will lose access to any EA TS3 Store purchases on both accounts if they do this, in case that is relevant.

-- If on Windows, acquire an external optical disc drive. They don't cost very much these days. This method won't work if you are on a Mac and the latest operating systems as in that case the discs refuse to be authenticated from, so Origin is the only remaining option.

Edit: Oops, didn't see phoebe sneak in up there. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    Thank you both so much! You are so awesome!
    I opened up a case and now I'm just waiting to hear back. Hopefully they can at east help with the EPs. I've got a number of store items, but those I'm not too worried about.
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @Erin your very welcome. Your origin Email now links up to the sims 3 store. Once they get your email sorted you will be using the same email and password for origin and the store
  • Options
    ciarassimmsciarassimms Posts: 39 New Member
    Why will mine not load? It wasnt downloaded through origin though...