Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I enter Full Parent Mode?

It says numerous parenting actions in a row, but I have done numerous! Anyone figured out how many 'numerous' is yet please? Are there any interactions that don't count? Last thing I need to get the aspiration. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruGeorgeSimGuruGeorge Posts: 49 SimGuru
    You need a parent with level 10 parenting skill. Then you just need to do a number of parenting interactions within a set amount of time. This includes helping kids with their needs, disciplining children, influencing children to do tasks, etc. Managing multiple children will make this easier to achieve.

When it triggers you go full parent just like this.
    https://twitter.com/SimGuruGeorge/status/870035250516172800
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    You might need to repair your game or something. I did like 4/5 parenting interactions in a row and my sim went into full parent mode. I activated that part of the aspiration.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    like chazzzy says, it seems to be 4-5 in a row. my teenage boarding house has 5 teens in it and basically the first thing they all do when get home from school is break out their journals. the caretaker then runs around cheering them on for doing good in school and by the time she starts on her second round, cheering them on for writing in their journals, she's already in full parent mode. she even did it once when i wasn't controlling her. took the household out for karaoke one weekend so they could all relax and i was focusing on the foodie teen with cooking 9, having her learn some city living dishes and when went back to check on the others, full parent buff, even though she was just singing a duet with one of the teens.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    In the very first household I played after Parenthood was installed, the Mama was in the kitchen preparing breakfast for her brood, and trying to pack sack lunches for the five who are in school. The three teens come downstairs, one at a time, and suddenly I'm besieged with pop-ups. Guess, they each had some pressing issues they needed advice on. LOL The second eldest actually thought he was old enough to be treated like an adult. Wrong. I'm not sure Joannah went into full parent mode, although that term seems oddly familiar to me, but she's leveling up rather quickly. Being a Family Sim is probably the reason. Dubbing her Mama Bear from here on out. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    You need to have level 10 parenting skill, then do a bunch of parenting interactions in a row. The parent will get a buff that significantly slows needs decay.
  • Options
    CalvinistCalvinist Posts: 9 New Member
    Tuck your children or your toddlers in three times or more and you'll get it. Not sure what you achieve by going into full parenting mode however.
  • Options
    full parent mode slows the parent's own need decay down to a crawl, so they can spend more time taking care of their spawn before needing to worry about themselves
  • Options
    Skr0alaSkr0ala Posts: 286 Member
    I've done about 7-8 parent actions in a row and still havent achieved full parent mode :sweat::|:/
    "Be Happy, Stay Happy"-Lee Jooheon ( Stan Monsta X )
    tumblr_n5dk7cOnt91qbvmm2o1_500.gif

• Options
    Chickster196Chickster196 Posts: 46 Member
    I tried the tucking in trick and it worked. Just keep tucking your kid in. I think by the sixth time she made it.
  • Options
    SuzushkaSuzushka Posts: 6 New Member
    I’ve only seen full parent mode occur when I have ~5 parenting interactions queued. If you complete an action and don’t have another one already lined up, it seems to restart the count.
  • Options
    hippysophhippysoph Posts: 1 New Member
    does anyone know if you can go into full parent mode for your grandchildren? My legacy sim hasn't gotten her aspiration and her kids have grown up, but they have kids so she can do parenting interactions, but haven't been able to trigger full parent mode - is this cause they're not her kids? She only has 'influence' options for her kids now they're adults
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    hippysoph wrote: »
    does anyone know if you can go into full parent mode for your grandchildren? My legacy sim hasn't gotten her aspiration and her kids have grown up, but they have kids so she can do parenting interactions, but haven't been able to trigger full parent mode - is this cause they're not her kids? She only has 'influence' options for her kids now they're adults

Have you tried assigning her as a caregiver for the kids? That unlocks all the parenting interactions, so it seems logical that it would allow the 'full parenting mode' to kick in.

I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    as @invisiblgirl said, as long as the grandparent selects the kids and picks the 'adopt as caregiver' option (or whatever it's called on the other side... 'adopt as dependent'?), they'll be able to do all the parenting interactions their skill level allows. the caretaker i mentioned earlier in the thread is not related to any of the five girls in the house, but she takes care of them, they ask her advice, and all that. and yes, they can enter full parent mode (because the caretaker did)
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there. Please don't post in year-old topics. If you're looking for help with parenting in The Sims, you can also join in an actively on-going thread. Thanks! :smiley:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top