Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats & Dogs may be giving a hint about a Seasons EP

andre1906andre1906 Posts: 89 Member
Since a Guru confirmed that there won't be doghouses in this game, that means our pets won't be bothered by the weather (rain, hail or snow).

What does this mean? Any regular world, like Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Windenburg, San Myshuno and Brindleton Bay won't be affected in a Seasons EP. Instead, we would enjoy Seasons-themed content in destination worlds, like in a mountain city or a beach town. When you travel during vacations with your pets, they stay with you inside the house/hotel/resort, that's why I believe Seasons will come in TS4 by destination worlds.

BTW: Even if they decide to add Seasons to all worlds in The Sims 4, Maxis would have to recreate all worlds again, like changing SFX and decoration during certain conditions. Example: Willow Creek's train/tram shouldn't work in a snow day. This would take so much of their time to recreate everything to match every season and weather condition.

Comments

• Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    While it's an interesting thought, I don't think the lack of a doghouse is really a hint about seasons. I think it's more of an oversight in the sense that they don't realize how many people would/do use them. It doesn't help that I don't believe they've stated their reasons for not including doghouses.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Soooo dogs are sleeping just on the floors? Smh
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    I don't think no doghouses means much, and who knows, maybe they'll put them out with Seasons. Or as a free update soon.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Uh, I doubt it. First of all, dogs DO sleep on the floor IRL...and they sleep on beds, they sleep on sofas, in chairs and they'll have dog beds....I never used doghouses in other Sims games because even on the game I'd never make my dog sleep outside.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I think it's the same as with news papers and landlines. People don't really use them anymore or don't use them as much, so they figured they wouldn't really be missed. I don't know anyone that uses a dog house irl and haven't ever used one in my game.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    GARYZGAL wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Uh, I doubt it. First of all, dogs DO sleep on the floor IRL...and they sleep on beds, they sleep on sofas, in chairs and they'll have dog beds....I never used doghouses in other Sims games because even on the game I'd never make my dog sleep outside.

I like options, and it appears they took one away from me (no dog houses).

Welp, I’ll wait for MTS to make it happen for the boy.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Everything is very simple to me to do something with the dogs