Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Storyline to lose money?

My sims save is on it's 8th generation, and they have over one million simoleons, but I want the 9th gen to kind of be a fresh start with not as much money. What are some storyline's I could do as to how they lost a bunch of money?

Comments

• Options
    Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    Really unsuccessful business.

Someone killed someone and paid a lot to get out of jail and for the press to cover it up.

Huge house fire burnt down everything and hadn't kept much savings.

Just some random ideas.
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Your Sims could always donate a lot of money to charity.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    Accountant stole all of it. Family member was kidnapped and a ransom was paid. Lost it gambling. Bad investment , lost it on stock crash lots of Ideals
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited August 2017
    Or you could always have the family patriarch squander his fortune on "fast women and slow horses", as they say.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    'We know you are the founder, but we decided to give all our money to your siblings because we think they need it more than you do, you're capable of doing great without our financial support.'

That's kind of a positive reason for someone to start fresh...
  • Options
    mistwolf7mistwolf7 Posts: 78 Member
    Buy a nice restaurant and run it into the ground. Open a retail shop and sell everything for crazy cheap.
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    I had my elders both donate a 1000 dollars a day until they died, it made a nice dent in the family inheritance.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Are you planning on starting them from scratch house wise? Because you could always say a fire or natural disaster came through and wiped everything out which explain why they're starting completely from scratch. Bad Business Deal/Bad Stock Exchange could also work for that. Someone in the family history hasn't been paying their taxes and the IRS came and took it all.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    The heir somehow has to / wants to flee from their home. Of course that's not so good if you want to keep the house and just not the money.

In that case, the repo-man from Sims 3 came after they forgot to pay their bills, and out of all the things he took the safe with all the money they had. And then he took your toilet paper too.
  • Options
    nettlebugnettlebug Posts: 9 New Member
    I love the ideas above. I think it could also be interesting to add a family dynamic to it -- for example, break-down of family relationships leading to the parents of the heir deciding to leave their fortune to someone else, for example a charity, to teach them a lesson. Or the heir has some sort of a spiritual awakening and decides to give away all their money to the poor. They could lose it to a gambling or drug addiction, or spend all of their money to try and resurrect a deceased family member. They could enter a parallel universe or alternate world in which things are more or less the same except there are a few odd changes, such as an empty family vault and perhaps a new resident or two. Alternatively, you could just have all their money stolen away by an army of gnomes. :p
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Have a massive house fire which destroys everything. Then you'll have to build back up from scratch.