Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Turning off 'Try for Baby' for certain sims

Does anyone know how to turn off 'Try for Baby' for individual members of an active household? I'm about to start the next generation of my current game and don't want the first gen couple of keep having children (they're very sneaky and currently have nine children!) while they're still in the household.

Comments

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    It can be done with NRaas story progression by setting allow can be pregnant in sim options or pregnancy allow participation in caste options if you assigned a caste to each household for only that family.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    There actually isn't any other way I can think of to exercise such a level of control on individual sim behavior other than NRaas SP, even using other mods. Could be mistaken, but all of the other mods I can think of would be more like all sims can make babies or none across the entire town.

As these are your active sims though, the EA way would be just don't let them do that. If necessary, you could turn down autonomry (Free Will) in the Game Options so that the sims will only do what you tell them to, more or less. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Thank you, got it worked out. I don't mind playing with heaps of sims but I want room for the next generation to start!
  • Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    Usually I just opt for woohoo
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I would turn off pregnancy with SP if I were you. I never have autonomous 'try for baby' set but my sims didn't get the memo so I have found the only way to stop them was to turn off pregnancy altogether. I suspect it could be something to do with another auto romance mod I have installed but better safe than sorry ;)