Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hates Children trait?

So I have never played a Sim with this trait. Do they get any special interactions with kids? Or is it just allot of stress moodlets if they are around kids?

Comments

• Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I think they get a special mean interaction but I'm not sure about that. They definitely roll whims to be mean to children and they can also get a tense moodlet like you said. Also, if they try for baby they get a tense moodlet and another if their partner 'shares big news' with them.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    From what I remember, they get tense with pregnancies and child decor and angry when children are around.
    If they're their own kid, they won't get angry though. They changed the trait for parents not to get mad a while back, but they used to.

Nothing that special. I wish there were more layers to it tbh. Maybe there are but I just haven't played sims with that trait that often. :s
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    I haven't had one but I saw a simmer on youtube. A sim she had hooked up her sim with a pre-made sim in the game hated children but she forgot. When her sim told this other sim she was expecting. The sim (father) that hated children was very upset about it. I can't recall if he was sad or mad. (This video was from over a year go early 2016).
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    When I did an ISBI and had one of the parents with that trait, I noticed that he barely interacted with the child on his own. He got in a really sour mood if other kids were around. I had a female who was sad when she found out she was pregnant. Ahem, yes I like to give my Sims the 'bad' traits xD
  • Options
    seungdoseungdo Posts: 30 New Member
    I have never use that trait.
  • Options
    DiamondsR4everDiamondsR4ever Posts: 243 Member
    I did it once. She was always sad while pregnant. The nanny and dad had to help a lot lol. She would feel bad and talk to them for awhile then get tensecand move on.
    The ignore feature is a blessing :D . Don't be afraid to use it!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've seen a sim with this trait be the first to change a toddler's nappy so it doesn't quite work as expected!
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    JasonPogo wrote: »
    So I have never played a Sim with this trait. Do they get any special interactions with kids?
    samemie wrote: »
    I think they get a special mean interaction but I'm not sure about that.

Yep, it's called "crush dreams".
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    They're actually annoying in this game cause they overdid it. Hates Children in Sims 3 mostly just meant your Sim never rolled a wish to have a child, and if a child spoke with them, the conversation was likely to go poorly.

In Sims 4 they're total jerks. Like they'll actively seek to talk to children and THEN yell at them. If you have a Hates Children Sim on the same lot as a dollhouse, they're gonna obsess over destroying it. Basically the trait is kinda weird now cause it actively turns them into some weird sociopathic bully that enjoys picking on children, instead of just an adult who doesn't like being around children.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    They're actually annoying in this game cause they overdid it. Hates Children in Sims 3 mostly just meant your Sim never rolled a wish to have a child, and if a child spoke with them, the conversation was likely to go poorly.

In Sims 4 they're total jerks. Like they'll actively seek to talk to children and THEN yell at them. If you have a Hates Children Sim on the same lot as a dollhouse, they're gonna obsess over destroying it. Basically the trait is kinda weird now cause it actively turns them into some weird sociopathic bully that enjoys picking on children, instead of just an adult who doesn't like being around children.

I can't stand this trait for the same reason. I only have one sim with it, because I thought I'd try it out, but her whims are clogged up with wanting to be cruel to children, even though there aren't any around. She doesn't even know any children, yet she wants to find some and be cruel to them. It's kind of extreme and nonsensical, but not in an amusing way.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited July 2017
    pixiejuice wrote: »

I can't stand this trait for the same reason. I only have one sim with it, because I thought I'd try it out, but her whims are clogged up with wanting to be cruel to children, even though there aren't any around. She doesn't even know any children, yet she wants to find some and be cruel to them. It's kind of extreme and nonsensical, but not in an amusing way.

I'm another that has never used the trait either for the same reasons
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    ZoaeaZoaea Posts: 79 Member
    edited July 2017
    My founders wife hated children and she had 6 lol (I cackled everytime). Anyway, she wouldn't get tense or mad at her kids, but did when they had friends over. She always broke the dollhouse and I think maybe she could do more interactions with the giant stuff. When pregnant she'd get tense a lot. Honistly she said yes everytime she was asked if she wanted to try for baby. I think they should have made it a higher fail rate when asked (and maybe they can't initiate that interaction at all). Idk about chasing down kids to yell ect but if she ended up getting angry because they were nearby (like at park) she would autonomously go yell at em.

Edit, oh and idk if it was a glitch or just her, but she'd always try to ignore the starving toddlers or put them in the chair and walk off to do something fun instead of feed them.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I've seen a sim with this trait be the first to change a toddler's nappy so it doesn't quite work as expected!
    My sims gardener Tanvi has this trait and yet when Lydia was a child she would have conversation with her without being/getting upset.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!