Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need drama in my game

Recently, my game has been lacking drama and it is starting to get really boring. Do y'all have any ideas on how to spice up the game a bit? Dank thank

Comments

• Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    The devs need to introduce more "drama" and more interesting gameplay in future game packs, imo :)
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    Honestly give into the whims in the Sims and I mean literally. Sometimes Sims give you a perfect opportunity to add Drama. All it takes is 1 whim to "Be flirty with..." that isn't their significant other and you are good.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Try creating a new household with a sim who has traits you've never played with before. If you use cheats, don't just let things happen. Complete every whim and want you are able to that your sim wants.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    If you are playing a family and have parenthood, create sibling rivalries. Also, skip school and play hooky. I did that and made my sim child become enemies with someone there. I was imagining my sim was thinking, "Gee, that guy looks weird. His clothes are weird.". She then mocked his outfit and from there they fought. With words and fists :p .
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    If you have get together have two roommates or siblings or spouses create two separate clubs that they lead. Make them rival clubs where they "be mean to" and other socially inappropriate actions towards the other club. Have them meet in the same place and see what happens.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Go out and feed in a main thoroughfare for a few nights. You'll have built up a sufficient base of enemies as to have more drama than you'd ever want.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    If you have Get Together create 2 clubs that have to be mean toward each others. But 2 of the members of the opposite clubs are in love with each other.
    Or just create the ultimate player sim who woohoos with everyone and causes drama with that.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    i am going to have a sim who will kidnap other sims and keep them in a basement cell because why not
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I usually create 'perfect' Sims with all the traits & aspirations that I want them to have & the game gets boring for me after awhile. I started randomizing all my Sims born in game...to have random traits & aspirations. & this added a bit more drama into my game. Like in my legacy family, my heir has the 'hates children' trait & is also mean. Now as a YA she got the irresponsible and bad manners traits. She married a townie who is jealous and insane. They have 1 child & he just got abducted by aliens and is pregnant. All they do is argue. He's usually disgusted by her bad manners and then gets jealous if they spend zero time together. With my Sims marriage tanking, I decided to have my heir have an affair with her childhood BFF. So far, I'm just rolling with the story line as it comes. This is my 1st time playing such a moody household, as I usually don't give my Sims the 'negative' traits. & the child....well, it's kind of sad since the mom gets tense being around her own son. So, I'm creating a story line around that when his generation starts.
  • Options
    B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    I do challenges for each generation. I randomly pick a neighbourhood, lot size, career, children (have three kids, have a girl, have a boy, have an alien baby, have a red haired child etc) and lot traits. I also have challenges for each generation, some of which are brutal. I think my toughest one to date was to reach the top of the culinary career, have three kids, an outing every day and live in a small apartment with grody, filthy and vampire nexus as lot traits.

Some of my other generational challenges are: Have three spouses die of old age, kill five spouses, have a baby, toddler, child and teenager at the same time, never use build mode, use the wishing well daily, all children must grow up with all of the negative parenthood traits, have triplets and learn all of the San Myshuno recipes.
  • Options
    SydcupcakesSydcupcakes Posts: 79 Member
    Have people get jealous of each other or enemies. I feel that adds to the game.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Sometimes you just have to find something random and go with it, I have a legacy now that I wasn't going to have but bad decisions amuse me.
    gen 1 raised kids in a shack off collectables and stolen goods.
    gen 2 she failed to get pregnant with a roommate she just met so they tried again.
    gen 3 met a guy outside her house and got pregnant, cheated on him with the neighbor after her first born..was well born but he had just gotten their other neighbor pregnant who was pregnant and now they have all the kids and will get married. I have an idea for what my heir will get when I decide to age him up.

You could try something like that see if it entertains you heh.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Do Sims not cheat on their partners anymore or do they just no react to it? :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Let one sim have many romantic relationships and then invite them all and flirt one lover.
    INSTANT DRAMA
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Well... As to offer something that isn't already here... How about turning one of your sim couple into a vampire and give them Uncontrollable Hissing; Sloppy Drinker; Insatiable Thirst; Undead Aura for the negative traits, then you'll have a sim who will force other sims including their spouse the hate or gradually hate them. That Uncontrollable Hissing is a jewel for negative emotions it seems, had a female sim with it. Golly!! Only other vampires were able to stand/ like her :lol:

Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    What I've always done in the past is to create a Heidi Homewrecker or Harold Homewrecker Sim who is a serial romantic. Their gold is to bust up as many families as possible. Not sure if would work well in Sims 4, but it was great in Sims 2 and 3.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    TempestTempest Posts: 51 Member
    Collect items, try to get every fish, make your sims cheat or be a bad parent, impregnate every female sim. There's a bunch of things lol!
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Get a serial cheater. I have a cheating dog in my game, that I just love. He's dated his gf's friends and other new girls in town. I had the gf and friend fight. The gf should have fought her bf, but she didn't even yell at him when she caught him cheating.

I have another Sim who is actively trying to break up a relationship, so she can get with the guy. He's been slowly coming around after curving her for days.
  • Options
    seungdoseungdo Posts: 30 New Member
    Use mod constructer, make new trait "Elite". And Every sims who have 'elite' trait get great benefit with there career.
    And make one more trait "Poor". And every sims who have 'poor" trait get great disadvantage with there career.
    Then poor become poorer , elite become richer.