Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Ep Idea: Banking!!

Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
They should have a banking ep. You'd get the careers--bank accountant, teller, security guard, and entrepreneur. Entrepreneur career could be for everyone from kid to elder. Kids would only be able to open up lemonade stands (unless they made it possible for them to operate the cupcake machine? Or if they could already?). They could also "ask parent to help bake" if they wanted to set up a baked goods stand. Teens-Elders could sell their wares that they make/produce. I feel like they could open up the lot venues to two slots, allowing for a home to be a home AND a retail store. Could be able to build banks (yet another lot venue would be made for it), and find ATMs in community lots.

Traits--money grabber-is able to find money anywhere....they just have that luck, hoarder--meaning that they would hoard the money they make and would get a mad/sad moodlet if they had to spend said money AND they could also be the best at haggling, Nifty-Thrifter--is able to find all the great deals in town and really knows how to stretch a dollar (good for high bills), and something for the in-between......maaaaybe called conscientious shopper (a challenge for you all to come up with other like-minded words for this trait). I'd imagine that they weren't above coupon clipping, finding the best deals, able to haggle fairly, and to spend money frivolously would make them upset. Also, greedy!! We need greedy sims!! Greedy sims would not just hate to spend any money and hate to lend any money to any sim, but they could have interactions all their own such as "grab promotion" if they found a sim with the same job they have.

New items/features--ATM machines, banks, wallets/purses, kid piggy-banks (and if they already have these, to make them be able to interact with them), and actual simoleons that you can see (like when lending money etc), (with the entrepreneur job) baskets to put produce in, the stands that are used to put paintings in should become interactive, clay/marble sculpting should be a thing, and with the "ask to help bake" option for the kids could help them to gain skills in baking already . They could have new features like a split of household funds......have a place where you could set "head of household" with at least two slots and that would be for everyone to use when it comes to household stuff like bills etc. Kids have their own separate funds in order to save money. The kids could even "borrow from household account" where they had to give back the money they took when they made money (all feeds into that entrepreneurial job that we should be allowed to have for kids-elders). There could be allowances too!

Interactions-kids-beg for money, ask to earn money, start lemonade stand, lend money to house funds, put money in piggy bank, they could have one of those "chance cards" while in school--"A kid wants your test with the correct answers on it and is willing to pay you a pretty penny for it--tell them no, they need to learn on their own/give them the test and take the cash" (things like that), and count money!

Teen-same stuff as kids, get bank account, and able to steal from parents (for those that desire to have a greedy teen or play off the evil trait for drama reasons). Able to have a "secret stash" of cash hidden somewhere.......would result in hilarity if their young sibling went snooping if they needed money. They could boast about growing money in accounts to younger siblings.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Also, I think that it'd be cute to see a parent sim teaching a kid sim to count money :)
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I don't know if it could be an EP, but it has potential as a GP!
  • Options
    GoldilockGoldilock Posts: 80 Member
    GP, EP or any other P aside, this idea is amazing. First of all I love the concept, the sims already revolve around money, this would simply make activities and gameplay out of it, instead of sims being unaware of their financial situation (other than that obsessive wish to get a pool) :). Secondly, nice work on the details @Bear31 Lasty, that Dean Winchester photo at the end doesn't exactly hurt either :D
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    definitely not as an EP. but maybe as a GP.
  • Options
    Goldilock wrote: »
    GP, EP or any other P aside, this idea is amazing. First of all I love the concept, the sims already revolve around money, this would simply make activities and gameplay out of it, instead of sims being unaware of their financial situation (other than that obsessive wish to get a pool) :). Secondly, nice work on the details @Bear31 Lasty, that Dean Winchester photo at the end doesn't exactly hurt either :D

Thanks!! I think it'd be great as an Ep though. There's enough content to be sure!
  • Options
    lindaatjuhlindaatjuh Posts: 52 Member
    Yes yes yes! Some of us talked about this idea a couple of weeks ago, but unfortunately that discussion died quick.

I would like to have seperate bankaccounts for the sims! Especcially for the kids in the family. Parents/maried couples should keep their joint accounts.

At this moment teens can get jobs and play music in the street for money but that money goes straight to the joint account. Not fare and not realistic.

If kids have their own account (or piggy bank or wallet which they can keep in their inventory) they can save money to spent on food and playing games in the city or on buying new stuff for themselves which their parents don't want to give them. Or they can save it up so they can add it to the 20,000 they have when they move out.

Parents could also give their kids weekly allowance and kids could do extra chars for a little bit of money. And ofcourse when it's their kids birthday they could give money (speaking of which, I'd like to see the possibillity to give each other presents from their inventory back again)

And if kids/teens sell their drawings or painting the money should be theirs, too.

What do you think about this idea?
  • Options
    Kuma_frumaKuma_fruma Posts: 46 Member
    This has a wonderful potential to help with all weird financial game play, and lindaatjuh has a lot of good ideas to expand on it as well.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »

They could have new features like a split of household funds......have a place where you could set "head of household" with at least two slots and that would be for everyone to use when it comes to household stuff like bills etc. Kids have their own separate funds in order to save money. There could be allowances too!

I have been wanting separate bank accounts since TS1. I would love to see functional ATMs & ability to get loans too.

Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Just to be honest, that doesnt appeal to me . I want more fun gameplay and less practical , mundane stuff.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Just to be honest, that doesnt appeal to me . I want more fun gameplay and less practical , mundane stuff.

Same.
  • Options
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

Same.

Well at least they could patch it in. A lot of people want to be able to have a business run out of their homes and can't......and lots of them want separate accounts for their teens so when they go to move out, then they have money instead of having to cheat the money for them to spend.
  • Options
    seungdoseungdo Posts: 30 New Member
    It is good idea, i guess.