Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire clubs

Can you guys share with me your experiences with vampire clubs? How are they supposed to work when you set "use vampiric powers" as one of the club rules? Because in my game so far, they only show off powers. And that's it. No autonomous sparring, turning, mind controll, auras, nada. Is that right? If so, it's a little disappointing.

Comments

• Options
    beraalberaal Posts: 3 New Member
    Feeding is another action that they will do. To get more fights and sparring, I added fighting as another item to get the club bonus. The other items I have not seen. I do not know if playing with the other club features will bring out those other vampire actions.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I created a club for The UnDead. Only requirements are age (Teen, YA, Adult, Elder) and to be a vampire. Once of the activities is Use Vampiric Powers. I have them meet at the local Vampire Lounge, which since it's a public venue, townies show up. Lots of opportunities for the vampires who are not in my active household to Mesmerize, cast Hallucinations, and to Drink Plasma. All of these happen autonomously. I think I've even seen an autonomous Vampire Spar, but mostly I do that with my active household. The key is to not have them meet at someone's private home. You need the Townies to show up.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Livinity wrote: »
    Can you guys share with me your experiences with vampire clubs? How are they supposed to work when you set "use vampiric powers" as one of the club rules? Because in my game so far, they only show off powers. And that's it. No autonomous sparring, turning, mind controll, auras, nada. Is that right? If so, it's a little disappointing.

Same here. And my vampire club hung out at the bar I downloaded into FH.
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    That's odd...

I set the gathers for nightclubs mostly, I make sure the vamps have the skills unlocked, but they only feed, they don't use any powers. And I was lurking the forums when the GP released, there's a topic with pics and people telling they even turn other sims autonomously. Why they are Twilight style in my game? :'( I want them to cause havoc with the townies!
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Make sure that your vampires have the ability to Turn Sims. It's a trait they earn as they evolve being a vampire. Same goes for Cause Hallucinations, Mesmerize, etc. Without these abilities, your vampires won't be able to do much.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    I had a vampire club once. They went out frequently. They would use their powers and train with each other, and one time they went to a bar in Windenburg and they all kept feeding. They did this at a karaoke club in San Myshuno too. No one was safe lol. They will not turn others if you don't direct them too.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    Make sure that your vampires have the ability to Turn Sims. It's a trait they earn as they evolve being a vampire. Same goes for Cause Hallucinations, Mesmerize, etc. Without these abilities, your vampires won't be able to do much.

I thought vampiric conversion was never to be autonomous?
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Nik24X7 wrote: »

See, my vampires have these abilities, and still don't use them in clubs (and yes, said clubs have 'use vampire powers' as a thing). They'll show off their powers, they'll drink plasma or drain life essence, and that is it.
  • Options
    professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    Vlad is the leader of my vampire club, and since he has a lot of skills, the club works on a lot of different ones. They are set to use vampire powers and fight, just like @beraal mentioned with his club. If you don't mind mods, I like my sims to surprise me, so I have been using princessvee's "Drink, Drain, and Turn Anytime", which gives your vampire sims total autonomy to drink from and turn anyone they want: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589112 I set "any nightclub" as their meeting place, so dancing is a lot more risky than it used to be. :wink:

For a less extreme version, snowiesimmer's mod "Autonomous Vampire Turning," only lets vampires turn friends. You can choose whether they have to ask permission when you download the mod. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589361

• Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    @professorlilith thanks! I'm gonna check it out :)