Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question About Receiving Gifts:

So in the Parenting pack, sims send birthday gifts when a sim in your selected household ages up. Do they send wedding gifts when a couple- who obviously have friends- gets married? I just got the Parenthood pack yesterday and I'm in love with it!
Origin ID
HillyPlays
P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Comments

• Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    As far as I know it's only for the kids. I did get presents for my couple from the people who attended their wedding, but that was before the pack. I usually elope so it was a nice surprise LOL.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Well, my couple's kid aged up to toddler and she hasn't gotten anything. Do they arrive a day after the birthday?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    You get a pop up right after they age. I think there has to be a good relationship with the child in order to receive something. My second baby didn't get a gift when he aged to toddler, but his older brother did. Grandpa had visited the first baby but not the second.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    You get a pop up right after they age. I think there has to be a good relationship with the child in order to receive something. My second baby didn't get a gift when he aged to toddler, but his older brother did. Grandpa had visited the first baby but not the second.

Yep...same here. For the first baby, I had the grandparents over and they interacted with the baby and she got gifts from 2 of them in the mail upon aging up to toddler. For the second baby, he didn't have any grandparent interactions and so he didn't get any gifts when aging into toddler.

I don't like the fact that even if grandparents interact with the baby, when the kid ages into a toddler, it's like they don't even know them. Their relationship meter is non-existent and I can't even have the toddler talk to the grandparents (not even the "talk to stranger" option) until I've switched over to the grandparents and re-introduced them to the kid. It's kind of a pain that I can't have the toddler just introduce themselves and have to switch over to the grandparents household and do the introduction through them. This is why I generally don't bother with having the grandparents interact with the baby because those interactions are forgotten upon aging up to toddler....but I guess I might start doing it again just for the gift giving aspect of it, from a story standpoint.

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    This is savage.

My Sims don't know anyone - apart from Summer Holiday.

They had no wedding present;
    No presents for the babies;
    No presents for the toddlers.

When the toddlers age to children I will be lucky if they get anything at all - Summer Holiday might give them an apple each - if they are lucky.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    My child sim just received a birthday gift from his toddler cousin. I laughed.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    This is savage.

My Sims don't know anyone - apart from Summer Holiday.

They had no wedding present;
    No presents for the babies;
    No presents for the toddlers.

When the toddlers age to children I will be lucky if they get anything at all - Summer Holiday might give them an apple each - if they are lucky.

My sims have two kids and got nothing from friends. Maybe it's only for family members.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    Aloe2828Aloe2828 Posts: 28 Member
    The uncle of my baby gave her a present when she aged up to toddler and they had never met in game before. So I don't know that they have to meet to send birthday gifts but I'm not sure.... maybe it's just classic "forgotten second child" where everyone fawns over the first child and then forgets about the second. We'll see if her younger brother gets a gift when he ages up to toddler....
    Just keep simming
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Well, if Summer Holiday doesn't buy us any presents soon, my Sims will bury her in the garden - head first - without digging a hole.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Love the feature, but wish it was more advanced. When my toddler aged up to child, they got a toy. All good when my child aged up to teen, she got a starter pack of seeds!!! No she not a loves the outdoor sim. I suppose people get crappy presents all the time ( and it's the thought right) but really seeds. It got me thinking how limited it is, becaue it has to fit in the inventory.

What sort of presents have you got?
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    Well it seems they have all but left out little surprise gifts like Sims used to get in the mail for getting married or having a baby. I want (for wedding presents) anything in buy mode to be a possibility for a present. For baby gift, anything in the baby/children's section of buy mode to be a possibility. I expect gifts from ALL the Sims my Sims are friends with!
  • Options
    ElainaElaina Posts: 80 Member
    Aloe2828 wrote: »
    The uncle of my baby gave her a present when she aged up to toddler and they had never met in game before. So I don't know that they have to meet to send birthday gifts but I'm not sure.... maybe it's just classic "forgotten second child" where everyone fawns over the first child and then forgets about the second. We'll see if her younger brother gets a gift when he ages up to toddler....

Same. Except the babies were twins. And only the girl got a gift from the uncle that they never met. The boy was completely forgotten about and I aged him up 2 seconds after.

• Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I don't think relationship has anything to do with it, I think it's just random from family members. Sometimes you'll get a present, sometimes not.
    cherpar wrote: »
    Love the feature, but wish it was more advanced. When my toddler aged up to child, they got a toy. All good when my child aged up to teen, she got a starter pack of seeds!!! No she not a loves the outdoor sim. I suppose people get plum presents all the time ( and it's the thought right) but really seeds. It got me thinking how limited it is, becaue it has to fit in the inventory.

What sort of presents have you got?

I know! The first time an adult sim of mine got a present it was an outdoorsy sim with max gardening skill and I got excited when she got seeds thinking that the presents really were tailored to the sims interests. Then her eldest daughter also got seeds when she became an adult, and she's more of a socialite, the romantic sort, and an internet personality. Never interested in gardening though. Which is when I realised it seems to just be seeds for everyone which is kind of disappointing. It is limited by what fits in the inventory but it would seem more fitting if they got flowers, or cake or something. At least those are generic presents everyone gets.
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    I hope I don't lose my presents from the family members.. lol, my mailbox has got to be stuffed with the presents.. I just haven't checked them out yet.. does anyone know if the will disappear or not ?
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    My sim had five kids with Morgan Fryes and each age up to toddlerhood and childhood, they got a gift from either one of their grandparents or aunt Siobhan, even though they had no relationship and had never met.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    It would be kind of nice if they got an imaginary friend like they did in the sims 3 from some unknown long lost relative where you aparently get the inheritance too. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    I mean even a journal for a teen would be more practical.
  • Options
    NiaStoddardSimsxNiaStoddardSimsx Posts: 3 New Member
    Yeah, my sims only daughter (well she’s preggers with another girl lol) got a gift sent by her half-sister. She just aged up into a kid.
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    I’ve had siblings, the out of household parent and the mother or father of the parent send them.