Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

anyone else have trouble creating a perfect build and are picky about houses you like/want

So I feel like am a very picky builder and quite frankly my builds are a bit odd at times. like i feel like i am someone who sees houses in the sims differently then most people. i have different tastes that no one else really has when it comes to building a house. granted since tolders came around i have now sent my sims to appartments and to be honest that was tough as it was hard to find an appartment that was suitable for my sims but i found them barely. granted i wish i could go back to building houses but to be honest like i said i have particular tastes and even then i feel like the building options we do have are a bit incompelte compared to the sims 2 or 3 where i magined to created a house i was proud of off. anyways i am just curious if anyone else feels this way where its hard to create their own homes or find a home because they just have partiuclar tastes that no one can understand. like for me i love my rooms to have lots of empty space.

Comments

• Options
    aobaob Posts: 904 Member
    I can't build for my life, but i'm so picky about what i download from the gallery.
    8b787dbb95ac5f2afbd53010e3e3a47f4c9ed619.gif origin id: grilledtempeh
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    aob wrote: »
    I can't build for my life, but i'm so picky about what i download from the gallery.

yup so am i it makes me slightly glad we cant build our own appartments but i mean i wish we could as the appartments we do have are not that great :(
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    I'd spend ages picking a house from the Gallery for Willow or another peep.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I build boxes. rofl I have done so since The Sims! I will say I've gotten better, with the aid of floor plans, but I am no longer picky. If I don't like something for a house I do download from the gallery or from Simblr, then I just make adjustments.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    I'd spend ages picking a house from the Gallery for Willow or another peep.

oh yeah thats cool.
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    There are some great houses in the gallery. The problem I find is they are usually built more for aesthetics rather than gameplay. Rooms are too small, awkwardly laid out, too much stuff in the rooms. Objects are in the way whatever camera angle you use. I try to build houses that are some what nice too look at but also are playable. That usually means they are more simple on the outside and the layout is more basic but in terms of playability it's a lot better.

Without trying to sound like i'm self promoting, feel free to check out some of the houses I uploaded to the gallery here:https://www.thesims.com/gallery/browse?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=OrigionalGreen&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false

I'm from Ireland so a lot of these are more based on Irish houses bar one our two obvious ones.