Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bella Goth Problem

OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
Have been trying to get Bella back with Morty, and for a brief while seemed to have succeeded. After more time internet searching than I care to think about finally found a workable method combining Simpe (to delete the dead memory) and the tombstone of L & D (to do the actual calling up). That worked to the extent of getting her back. All was well that game session, she behaving like any other household member. The following day (real time) went back in and found her ghosted. After about a minute or so she vanished and there was a note saying she had died on another lot. Bailed out to neighborhood without saving. Went back in to re-try the call Grim Reaper (a method tried earlier), but was again told Morty didn't know anyone who had died. (Really? His Mom & Dad are in that little grave yard out back, & marriage with Bella had been restored.) Another no save bail-out. Today I learned that the tombstone of L & D has to be deleted after getting her back. Tried that, didn't work. Bottom line is she now vanishes within a couple of seconds after being brought back with the has died message. Doesn't matter who or what household does the L & D thing. Double-checked in Simpe, and she is back in 'default' family, though stats are unchanged. She is, and always has been, classed 'unlinked', so suspect that has something to do with it.

Anyone have a workable idea?

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Make a new Bella Goth.
  • Options
    Seriously considering that if all else fails. Still, the ornery old coot in me sees this as a technical problem, and those tend to be fixable if one knows/learns what to do and how to do it.
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    The Bella Goth in Pleasantview can't be gotten back. She was removed from the game in a way that creates a big firey ball visible from space (BFBVFS) if you mess with her...

If I were you, I would delete that neighborhood now before you corrupt your whole game, and download a Clean Template of Pleasantview if you want to play that neighborhood again. Bella has to be remade in CAS, she can't be resurrected or returned in any way in the neighborhood as it shipped with the game. Ever.

The technical reason for this, I believe, is that she was given something called a "death token" with the tombstone of life and death, so she's sort of... not dead, because her character files aren't tied to a tombstone, but also not a useable sim. It's corruption waiting to happen.

(I wouldn't rez the previous generations of Goths, for similar reasons - sims who came with the base game and the first few expansion packs who were already dead are notorious sources of problems if you try to rez them.)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    May well need to do that in that installation. As a test a few days ago on a different machine I deleted that death token (found out about it after the first sad try) prior to attempting to bring her back. Deleted said tombstone immediately after her return, and so far after several days and play sessions she is back, Mortimer is very happy, and there have been no issues. Will investigate the clean template.
  • Options
    DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    I'm very glad that Tarlia has made clean template for each neighbourhood so no one has to bother waste time trying to fix these corrupted neighbourhoods that EAxis gave us. Bella Goth is now simply a townie like the other ones in clean Pleasantview. If you ever want her back, just have the Goth family call Bella up and invite her over.
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!