Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone know about this? (Solved)

LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
Let's say I start with "jane" "john" John's parents, Jane's parents and a sibling each. Then I split the household and give Jane and her sister children in CAS. Will the family bonds be in tact? Will the children be tied to their grandparents and cousins?
Post edited by LolaLuvsSims on

Comments

• Options
    LoveMeHateMeLoveMeHateMe Posts: 40 Member
    I don't know about grandparents but I'm pretty sure family ties don't extend to cousins in the tree.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    If you create two sisters and their children while in CAS they will have the cousin relationship @LoveMeHateMe
  • Options
    MewMew Posts: 93 Member
    edited May 2017
    The family tree does extend to grandparents and cousins, but I've no idea if it breaks when you split and edit in CAS. I want to say that it'll work just fine if you don't edit the personality section of the sims from the original family, but you might just have to test. Just save, split them up and do a quick edit (random baby and exit cas), and check if the relationships are still showing correctly, and then reload without saving after you get your answer.
    mew~
    Scz0hyy.gif
  • Options
    It looks like I'll have to do that @mew I was just hoping someone had already tried this out
  • Options
    It works
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    I created a family in cas with grandparents and cousins. I have later split them up and they have maintain their cousin relationship no matter how many times I go back and edit their clothes, traits, etc.
  • Options
    I created a family in cas with grandparents and cousins. I have later split them up and they have maintain their cousin relationship no matter how many times I go back and edit their clothes, traits, etc.

Of course. That wasn't the question.
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »

Of course. That wasn't the question.

Sorry for not having the correct answer.
    All I know that if I go back and edit the family after splitting them up and no matter what I change their traits, clothes or if I give a husband/wife or children to one of the cousin through cas still the cousin relationship stays intact.
  • Options
    MewMew Posts: 93 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    It works

Thanks for letting us know.
    mew~
    Scz0hyy.gif