March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aspiration Nation: A new Sims2 UC, Legacy/Town Founding, Chronicle

Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
Hello everyone,

So, long story short, I've really wanted to chronicle a combination Sims 2 UC Legacy (though longer running than the traditional), and the founding of a brand new 'land' (Town), in story format; for a long, long time now. I've finally decided to really go for it, and I'm hoping that some of you might read the prologue that I've just finished setting up, and give me feedback, please?

https://serendipitouslysimming.tumblr.com/

ALL feedback, including constructive criticism, would be GREATLY appreciated! I've been a huge fan of a lot of Legacy's and Sims 2 stories of all kinds, for many years. So I'm going to do my best to avoid making some picture taking mistakes that I've heard of. But I'm sure they'll still crop up once in a while! As I dont plan on downloading a lot more mods and CC, just to get rid of things like plumbobs, skill bars and speech/thought bubbles (which I'm actually going to make use of, for the latter, in my story-writing at times), I just wanted to make mention here of that fact, in case anyone was going to otherwise suggest such things to me. Also, for the foreseeable future, I cant see myself having the time or energy, to download specific poses and CC items, in general for story scenes. If I get to a point where such is absolutely essential to the story/s, I may...But I don't see that happening any time in the near future.

That said however, other things, which I'm sure there's some I've not even thought of, that anyone wants to suggest or talk to me about, for better picture taking, and/or story writing purposes, please feel free!

(Also, if ANYONE can tell me how to set up one's tumblr blog, so that the posts show in chronological order, from top to bottom, rather than newest first, so the oldest posts are read from the bottom up (so clumsy and annoying in my opinion!) PLEASE tell me! Pretty please!?! Thank you!)

So ummm, I guess that's about it for now at least...If there's anything else that I wanted to add in here, well, given it's past one in the morning here for me now, if such occur to me later on, I'll add such in after I get some sleep and rt productivity done!*LOL*

Again, thank you in advance, to anyone who takes the time to give the prologue a read, and maybe provide some feedback.

Happy Simming!

Comments

• Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

It's a Good start to your Legacy. :+1:

Does it read from bottom to top? That'll be annoying, I guess. I hope someone knows how to change it. Or you could use a different site and then post the highlights and links on your tumblr blog.
    I really don't have any feedback since it's really not much happening yet. Good Luck! :cookie:

Thank you so much, @Rflong7 ! I would definately use a different site, that read from top down, but I don't know of any that would be good? Do you have any suggestions? If not, then I hope somebody reading this will! Because yeah, the idea of having to read the story from the bottom, up...Is just so darn annoying to me. AND, awkward!

I appreciate the idea about posting highlights/links to such, on my tumblr blog. I certainly would/will do that, as soon as I can figure out some other site to use, to put the pictures and story onto...
    At this point, the awkwardness of it, having to read from the bottom up, has me just bleh, about posting more, and I've got chapter one finished already, I'd love to get it up, but yeah...I need a different site, which reads from the top down, first I think.
    (Anyone, seriously, HELP!?!)

I really appreciate the good start compliment, Rflong7! And I'll get the rest of Chapter One up, with a link to it all on my tumblr, just as soon as I can find another site for the story itself....*Tears hair out*
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,714 Member
    Woo, good story start. I like the sense of humour and the playful way you handle the start. :)

Have you tried Blogger? I use it myself and my experience with it is :+1:
    Banner.png
    edited March 2017
    Woo, good story start. I like the sense of humour and the playful way you handle the start. :)

Hey, @M13Vulpecula , thank you so much for the comment and I'm really glad to hear that you liked the prologue (as well as what little of the Founder's First Chapter that I had gotten up on there). I moved from tumblr to a WordPress account, because at least there, with a step by step explaination that I found, I could figure out how to get things into an index and actual chronological order, versus the reverse chronological order (newest first) which most blog and social media sites, use.

https://serendipitouslysimming.wordpress.com/

Could you tell me a little bit more about Blogger, and what you like about it, personally?

Again, thank you for the comment! *Smiles* It gives me some inspiration to actually finish writing up Chapter 1 (Which, as for pictures and timeline, is finished already), and get it out to be read even! :D

(Edited for spelling)
    Hey everyone, I've got Founder's Generation, Chapter 1-A, up and running on my WordPress!

https://serendipitouslysimming.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/founders-generation-chapter-1-a/

The chapter as a whole, is going to be quite long I'm discovering more and more, as I work on writing it out. And I'm not sure of the right 'range' of chapter lengths, to best capture and hold a reading audience, you know? So 1-A there, came out shorter in the long run, than it felt as I was writing it up. I'll take that lesson and roll with it for the next installment of 1-B! If there's any suggestions or other feedback anyone wants to offer, please do! Otherwise, I'll let you all know when 1-B is up to read as well.

Happy Simming!

Hey, @M13Vulpecula , thank you so much for the comment and I'm really glad to hear that you liked the prologue (as well as what little of the Founder's First Chapter that I had gotten up on there). I moved from tumblr to a WordPress account, because at least there, with a step by step explaination that I found, I could figure out how to get things into an index and actual chronological order, versus the reverse chronological order (newest first) which most blog and social media sites, use.

https://serendipitouslysimming.wordpress.com/

Could you tell me a little bit more about Blogger, and what you like about it, personally?

Again, thank you for the comment! *Smiles* It gives me some inspiration to actually finish writing up Chapter 1 (Which, as for pictures and timeline, is finished already), and get it out to be read even! :D

(Edited for spelling)

I've tried wordpress for a school project, but on my laptop I ran into weird issues with the server, so my experience is not positive. Good thing you got it all running right though, hahaha. :)

Blogger feels very intuitive for me, every function I'd like to try is very easy for me to get the grasp of, because it's very self-explanatory. :)

Oh boy, poor Alon. He's gonna have a loooong job delivering to Faith and her jokes. ;) Interesting to see who his girl is. A townie? :3
    Banner.png
    @M13Vulpecula , thank you again for your comments!

I'll have to look into blogger, it sounds good from what you've said, and goodness knows I need easy to understand features! *Laughs at self* That's too bad that you couldn't get wordpress to work right for your school project when you tried. Hopefully you found something else to work with at that time!

As for Alon, well, it'll prove interesting as time goes on here. I've got a loose idea in my head, involving him and the other service 'NPC's', as it were. It's funny how the game itself inspires ideas, sometimes. And awesome! As for his girl? I'll have to work on that, to be honest, LOL. Not being savvy enough to do lots of things involving going into the game itself and doing things with it's code and what not, will end up making me more creative in the long run, it seems. OR, conversely, more lazy, and just skimming/skipping over some things, LOL!

Thank you again for your comments, seriously. I also wanted to say, I really like your avatar image here. Did you draw it yourself?
    @M13Vulpecula , thank you again for your comments!

I'll have to look into blogger, it sounds good from what you've said, and goodness knows I need easy to understand features! *Laughs at self* That's too bad that you couldn't get wordpress to work right for your school project when you tried. Hopefully you found something else to work with at that time!

As for Alon, well, it'll prove interesting as time goes on here. I've got a loose idea in my head, involving him and the other service 'NPC's', as it were. It's funny how the game itself inspires ideas, sometimes. And awesome! As for his girl? I'll have to work on that, to be honest, LOL. Not being savvy enough to do lots of things involving going into the game itself and doing things with it's code and what not, will end up making me more creative in the long run, it seems. OR, conversely, more lazy, and just skimming/skipping over some things, LOL!

Thank you again for your comments, seriously. I also wanted to say, I really like your avatar image here. Did you draw it yourself?

My avatar? I got it drawn here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906515/i-will-draw-your-sim-new-switching-to-youtube-speed-painting-my-sim/p1 She's really good, I think. :)

They've arranged a general server now, so any future Wordpress project could go through there. So that's a lucky one. :)

I've always liked how the service Sims in 2 looked way more like part of the game than in 3, I sometimes even completely missed that they were even there. You got me wondering what exactly it'll be... ;)
    Banner.png
    @M13Vulpecula , that's so cool that that fellow simmer was able to draw your sim, and those of others, like that! Your sim is very pretty.

I wanted to thank you for all your feedback and 'cheering on', of my little creative venture here. I'm not sure if I'm going to continue with the storytelling of Aspiration Nation, I'm having much more fun just playing it! However, I have still been taking pictures, and may continue to try at least, for a while longer, anyways. If I do, I'll share here. If I don't, then thank you again, so very much for the feedback and comments! They are appreciated more than I can say. <3
    Thanks, her name is Chandrika and if you want to see her in action, then I suggest to please take a look here: http://abnormalitysims.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/41-season-4-premiere.html :)

Don't forget you can ask Trashdocka to reserve your Sim for a future artwork. ;) The result will be wonderful!

Happy Simming in Aspiration Nation! :smiley:
    Banner.png
  • CoreyTessCoreyTess Posts: 48 Member
    Good story. Interesting.
    Catch Up with My Sims Stuff Here simfablife.blogspot.com
    tumblr_oa663idSUS1v00mydo1_500.gif

• NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    That's cool! I like how you write dialogues between the Sims - and yourself -, it's fun to read. :smiley:
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Oh, this brings back memories! I was but an internet dwelling teen assiduously pretending to be in college already in the heyday of legacies and random conversations with the paper delivery person.
    I would definately use a different site, that read from top down, but I don't know of any that would be good? Do you have any suggestions? If not, then I hope somebody reading this will! Because yeah, the idea of having to read the story from the bottom, up...Is just so darn annoying to me. AND, awkward!

I was going to suggest editing your link to add "/chrono" to the end of your address to force it to display from first to newest post, but tumblr appears to have broken that function.

I like the combination you have going with a legacy and what looks to be thematically similar to a BACC, where you have to develop a town from the ground up. Also, the references to other games are a nice touch for us old hands. :)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]