Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I really wish there'd be a second patch this month. What do u think?

m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
Since the patch yesterday mainly focused on the plantsim challenge, do you think there could be a second patch this month focusing on bug fixes? :( personally I'm really afraid that they would wait till the pre-pack patch, bc that would mean new stuffs breaking...
I haven't updated for 2 patches now and I don't plan to update to this one either. Guess I'm just really waiting for a big thorough fix which may or may not happen..:/

ETA:

I do learn from the patch notes what's been changed and im not asking suggestions on whether I should patch cuz ive already made up my mind lol. My point of this thread is not about if or not ppl should patch.... I wanted to know what ppl's opinions are of a second patch this month lol. If i made it sound like my proclaim of not patching then I apologize, that was not my intention _(:3 JL)_

W79XhDj.png
Post edited by m11kj on

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    I wasn't expecting a patch yet, it came kind of quick after the last one? But clearly this one was focusing on the challenge. I'm thinking we might have to wait for the next one just before the GP releases... probably some time in May. That's my guess :/
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    It's a pretty bad idea to not patch, actually. The Guru's are notorious for leaving a lot of bug fixes out of the patch notes. I hate to be rude, but I do not understand your logic for not updating. You should always patch! It can boost performance, add in items and gameplay, and fix issues you never knew existed.
  • Options
    I wasn't expecting a patch yet, it came kind of quick after the last one?

Yeah me neither. I just really wish they could push a major stand alone bug fix update without adding on anything new, i.e. pre-pack stuff. That way at least those who dont want to buy the new pack immediately could have a steady version that they could happily play on. :(

W79XhDj.png
  • Options
    NoTalent wrote: »
    It's a pretty bad idea to not patch, actually. The Guru's are notorious for leaving a lot of bug fixes out of the patch notes. I hate to be rude, but I do not understand your logic for not updating. You should always patch! It can boost performance, add in items and gameplay, and fix issues you never knew existed.

Sometimes (and a lot of times) new patch breaks things that I personally care more than what it fixes, that's why I made the choice. But my point was not about that. And it's okay for you to think that ppl should patch.

W79XhDj.png
  • Options
    sekojranasekojrana Posts: 107 Member
    @m11kj I only just did the feb-march patches the other day, cos I didnt wanna update my mods lol. I was hoping there would be more to this patch but it's mostly focused on the challenge so thats a bit of a bummer. I'm gonna wait till the challenge is over before I do the patch, too.
  • Options
    sekojrana wrote: »
    @m11kj I only just did the feb-march patches the other day, cos I didnt wanna update my mods lol. I was hoping there would be more to this patch but it's mostly focused on the challenge so thats a bit of a bummer. I'm gonna wait till the challenge is over before I do the patch, too.

Good for you :). Yeah, mods and ccs are one of the concerns, too.

W79XhDj.png
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Well, if it helps any, this latest patch did not seem to break any of the mods or CC that I use here, and it did fix a couple issues, though certainly far from all of them.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    The last two patches have fixed a bunch of bugs. They finally fixed the Teen aging up with female voice bug and I can confirm the bug is gone!! Very happy about that fix. I recommend patching.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    Well, if it helps any, this latest patch did not seem to break any of the mods or CC that I use here, and it did fix a couple issues, though certainly far from all of them.
    Pegasys wrote: »
    The last two patches have fixed a bunch of bugs. They finally fixed the Teen aging up with female voice bug and I can confirm the bug is gone!! Very happy about that fix. I recommend patching.

I do learn from the patch notes what's been changed but thanks anyway. But again my point of this thread is not about if or not ppl should patch.... I wanted to know what ppl's opinions are of a second patch this month lol. If i made it sound like my proclaim of not patching then I apologize, that was not my intention _(:3 JL)_

W79XhDj.png
  • Options
    edwie22edwie22 Posts: 100 Member
    I agree, there are lots of things that need to be addressed, how I wish the patch would have looked like this:

-We addressed an issue that was causing sims to get jealous or sad when their one-night stands (NOT significant others) were flirting with someone else.
    -We fixed a bug that was causing sims to RUN inside whenever they were outside a restaurant, bar or nightclub.
    -We addressed an issue where sims with the "hates children" trait were autonomously taking care of toddlers all day, ignoring all of their own needs.
    -The bug where the camers keeps swiping up and down on its own between levels while in build mode is gone.
    -Sims will now ring the bell instead of knocking doors whenever visiting a household.
    -We fixed a bug for owners of City Living which was causing a lot (and I mean a LOT!) of spawned townies with asian surnames and hideous urban clothing.
    -Dine Out: You can now hire your own staff, provided they are jobless at the moment. Owners of restaurants can now act as managers or chefs.
    -We fixed a bug that was affecting the toddlers' bathing time. They will no longer escape from the bathtub on their own making the bath short and ineffective.
    -Toddlers can no longer escape the high chairs by themselves without knocking them over.
    -Maids will clean all dirty plates but will also put all non-spoiled food away.
    -The Nanny agency will show you an array of options with qualities you look for in your nanny; negotiate a price and hire the nanny you want.
    -We addressed an issue that was causing Myshuno Meadows to be empty all the time. Now its jampacked with townies of all kinds.

If the Patch LOOKS LIKE THIS I will die and love these gurus forever. Haha.

• Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Okay, my understanding -- from this forum, maybe it's been officially stated somewhere... that the patches come on a monthly basis. So I don't think there will be another patch this month. Another bug fix patch would be nice but I'm not expecting it before May.
  • Options
    sapphiretigersapphiretiger Posts: 260 Member
    I just want the swimming and the playing darts together fixed arrgh!
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    There's still a lot of bugs that need fixing and I've had the swimming pool bug for months now, that still hasn't been fixed :#
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,409 Member
    edited April 2017
    I just want the swimming and the playing darts together fixed arrgh!

Amen! And the GTW career bugs.
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    The mobile team will have many patches.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I can only hope that we will get one soon. I'm so upset that my game is riddled with bugs and glitches, I don't want it to get to the point where I can't play anymore. I'm pretty sure that my game has never been this bad before!