Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is so appealing about the fish?

I put the aquarium from spa day in the daughter's bedroom and fully stocked it with fish. Now I can't keep my Sims away from it. Even my butler stops what he is doing just to go watch the fish. I would sell the thing, but it looks so nice in the bedroom.
wotgen6.gif?w=656

Comments

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Lol. It's like a dog watching tennis isn't it?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    PlagueRavenPlagueRaven Posts: 52 Member
    In all fairness, watching fish is probably a million times more exciting than being a butler.
  • Options
    PixieMnkyPixieMnky Posts: 73 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Lol. It's like a dog watching tennis isn't it?

I know! :D They are hypnotized by the darn thing. They look so lovely but I get tired of my entire family watching a goldfish live out its life while theirs is on pause. Go help your daughter with her homework or teach you toddler to use the potty! Oi.

• Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Yes, my sims are obsessed with the fish tank too. But it's alright, it doesn't take them too long to stop by and watch the fish for a little while. Other obsessions like the TV, dancing and the workbench were much more annoying.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I don't even bother with putting in a fish tank most of the time. Same with stereos. I am about to remove gaming system because the guest will NOT stop getting on it.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    I usually love putting the aquariums in various households (so far, the exception is squeamish sims because they get very uncomfortable even being in the same room with a live fish...). many of my sims are fisher(wo)men and i like displaying some of their catches. usually the more interesting or pretty looking ones, and in some cases, one of everything. also, for vampires, having an aquarium available to quickly fill up on $15 guppies for a quick bite to eat is great. also, it takes next to no time for a sim to watch the fish.

now, the other 'siren call' items...bars, computers, tvs/gaming systems, stereos..those can get annoying very fast. especially the bars. i love putting those in certain houses for aesthetic reasons but it's so hard keeping sims from spending all their money just making a thousand drinks one after the other...
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,355 Member
    Phew, threads like this always make me relieved that I play without free will! Don't want to imagine the chaos my sims would cause in my houses otherwise.

As for the fishtank problem, how would it look if you enclosed the fishtank by walls and then made these walls the lowest half-walls? With no door, sims would no longer be able to reach the fish, but you as the player could still enjoy them being there. With the right wallpaper the half walls might look like an aquarium base.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    I usually love putting the aquariums in various households (so far, the exception is squeamish sims because they get very uncomfortable even being in the same room with a live fish...). many of my sims are fisher(wo)men and i like displaying some of their catches. usually the more interesting or pretty looking ones, and in some cases, one of everything. also, for vampires, having an aquarium available to quickly fill up on $15 guppies for a quick bite to eat is great. also, it takes next to no time for a sim to watch the fish.

now, the other 'siren call' items...bars, computers, tvs/gaming systems, stereos..those can get annoying very fast. especially the bars. i love putting those in certain houses for aesthetic reasons but it's so hard keeping sims from spending all their money just making a thousand drinks one after the other...

I had to remove my bar also. The butler wouldn't stay away from it.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656