Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Photography and Kids

Why are sims unable to 'take photo of...' their toddlers? Or babies? I think you can with kids/teens but I've noticed you can't with toddlers. I think parents often take photos of their kids and this function is a lot easier than trying to manually get the sim in place and then do 'take photo'.
Gallery : VintageSaturday // Simblr : S.E. Sims
ltx83WK.png

Comments

• Options
    SimReviewsSimReviews Posts: 211 Member
    i think can... not sure. toddler not update on my computer yet. (bad for sorry english, i using gogel translation.)
    I'm an avid sims4 simmer born in France and living with a gogeous husband and 2 twin baby girls, working as a game developer & cc maker. and looking for a teaching job ;p
  • Options
    vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    You can't with toddler, I just tried in game. It only gives you the option for adult sims though I have with a child before, just not toddlers. I wonder how difficult it would be to enable this functionality?

Your english is fine!
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    haha thank you. maybe try some modules? hmm. (i dont think that is right word. dumb translate!)
    I'm an avid sims4 simmer born in France and living with a gogeous husband and 2 twin baby girls, working as a game developer & cc maker. and looking for a teaching job ;p
  • Options
    I tryed on my lap top. it before i be able to... i think i save a screenshot though of the toddeler and her mommy. now it not work... this crazy!!
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited April 2017
    the only way to get a pic of your toddler is disable free will and get the toddler where you want them, like sitting in a chair, and paint by reference on the easel. I don't know if you can take a pic using their phone. also I think you can buy a camera, if so try with that.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    They probably forgot to add the function when they added toddlers. You just have to get them in place and 'take photo'. You can get some nice ones if you are lucky, they just do not pose for it.
  • Options
    vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    Yeah, it's just super hard to get them in place! I wish they could add this in, but I'm clueless to how difficult it might be.
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    nottinghillgatenottinghillgate Posts: 47 Member
    I think they just can't be bothered with dealing with different heights and such. I hope they will add an option for taking baby photos soon, it will be so cute having photos for all stages of a sim hanging on the wall! At the moment, to take a photo of a baby, I think the best way is to have another adult holding the baby and take a picture of the adult, and for toddlers, pick up the toddler and then place them in the photo studio and quickly take a photo with your phone/camera before they wander away.

I also hope they will add in extra options for taking photos of more than two sims and photos of adult + child in the future...I want a proper family photo!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    you can't have a picture of a teen or an adult with a kid...
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yeah, it's just super hard to get them in place! I wish they could add this in, but I'm clueless to how difficult it might be.
    You could take a photo of them while they are busy - sitting eating in a chair or highchair, playing with a toy, watching tv etc. But, yes, it is difficult because you can't really tell exactly what their head position or facial expression will be when the screen goes into camera mode.

Maybe it will get added with an update some time.
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I was disappointed too that a mother couldn't take photos of her toddler. Maybe that will come in an update! I'm going to be hopeful it will.