Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Castaway Stories and Sims 2 Castaway

nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
I don't have a forum to put this on but got the Sims Castaway Stories off eBay - are these two titles the same game? I googled it but hard to tell. And will it run on todays PC? (I have Windows 7)

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2015
    I have Windows 8.1 and it works fine for me. Memory Lane would be the place to post about it but you're fine. You can edit this thread to move it or a mod will move it for you.

The Sims Castaway Stories has a PC/Mac version and a few console versions. (Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, and Wii)
    Same stand alone game but as always, console versions are adjusted slightly to work with consoles.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    I still play the "other Sims games", like Castaway and all of the stories games. They all work fine for me on 7 and 8.
  • Options
    Thank you both, going to install it tomorrow. Looking forward to it, never played it.
  • Options
    naughtygwennynaughtygwenny Posts: 171 Member
    They need to make downloads for these games.
  • Options
    They need to make downloads for these games.

I agree, would have been a lot easier. Still trying to get used to the old style camera controls!

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    There are a few "walkthroughs" on the net. I got help from one yesterday.
  • Options
    fakefake Posts: 613 Member
    edited March 2017
    The Sims 2 Castaway be real Expansion Pack Build Time Machine go back Then Ea Made Sims 2 castaway on pc i want too life state mummy
    Post edited by fake on
  • Options
    canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited December 2016
    The Sims Castaway is a console game & The Sims Castaway Stories is for the PC. From my understanding they are extremely similar, but are not the exact same game. P.S Castaway Stories works fine for me on Windows 7.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Options
    fakefake Posts: 613 Member
    edited March 2017
    if Ea Made The Sims 2 Castaway On Pc Then is One Expansion Pack as you need the sims 2 if ea Be Make The Sims 2 Castaway Pc we'd have a better chance at building a time machine to ea make the sims 2 castaway on pc