Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Routing paint in lots?

Is there some way in CAW to paint over the top of a lot? I created a hilly beach lot with some stair cases that I want the sims to use, but they just walk however they feel like it. What can I do to encourage them to use the steps?

Comments

• Options
    Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    I saw that. This is easier to follow since it's separate!

So even if I put a fence up all the way across the top of the lot, they still wouldn't use the steps? Would they go outside the lot boundary, go around the fence and then come back on to the lot?
  • Options
    Is there an easy way to update an existing save game with a new version of a world? I tried just replacing the .World file in \InstalledWorlds and it didn't work.
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Did you test the lot with a fence on your beach? It might work once the Sims are on the lot... I would figure it makes a difference between being on the lot and directed to do something on the lot- like swim.
    It's been a long time since I've tried it and I sure don't know everything. :lol:

No, not yet. I'll try it out later tonight!

It just gets things "cluttered" constantly exporting it. I'll just keep deleting the save each time.
  • Options
    I added some fence and depending on where they were and where they were told to go, they did sometimes use it. I had to level out a few spaces at the top and bottom of each staircase before they stopped complaining.

They did sometimes go "around" the fence but I felt that they did it somewhat naturally.