Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

would it be asking to much

sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
for ea to do a remastered version of the sims 2 with a graphic update and, a new expansion pack..

Comments

• Options
    JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    Great idea, I would love that. Its something I would definitely buy.
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Unlikely, but it would be nice. Unfortunately, they seem way too invested in TS4 and have absolutely no desire to have anything more to do with TS2 in any capacity. If they did, they would have likely done it already BEFORE coming out with TS4. If they came out with in in disc format as opposed to digital/download/whatever, I'd for sure buy it. But it would have to be of the same caliber as the original TS2.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I wouldn't be too bothered about this. With the graphics rule maker program my game looks awesome. But graphics aren't everything anyway. The game play is more important.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    I just want TS2 to work on updated computers, the graphics are beautiful with all of the recent hood mods.
  • Options
    I agree, I just want to play sims 2 on my windows 10 without all the technical stuff.
  • Options
    Jano wrote: »
    I agree, I just want to play sims 2 on my windows 10 without all the technical stuff.

i play on windows 10 very well
  • Options
    Are you playing uc or disc version. Having trouble getting uc and have heard disc are quite complicated to install.
  • Options
    I am using disk not UC I installed these games when my pc was still windows 8 I can't open my game from launch I have to open the file and click a certain thing then it opens and plays
  • Options
    They should definitely fix this for players so that there is no problem I believe ea has something to do with this wanting people to only play the.newest games.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    @sweetface44, I agree. I also think EA miscalculated when they first released UC. I think that they thought by giving TS2 away for free, players would decide that the game didn't live up to their nostalgia and comparing to TS4 would think that TS4 was much better. But with the bungled release of TS4, all EA add more members to the still thriving TS2 community and encourage former players to return to the game. This is all speculation of course :relaxed: but whatever the reason, I'm glad UC is available for everyone now.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    @sweetface44, I agree. I also think EA miscalculated when they first released UC. I think that they thought by giving TS2 away for free, players would decide that the game didn't live up to their nostalgia and comparing to TS4 would think that TS4 was much better. But with the bungled release of TS4, all EA add more members to the still thriving TS2 community and encourage former players to return to the game. This is all speculation of course :relaxed: but whatever the reason, I'm glad UC is available for everyone now.

I think it was a "Let's put something positive out in the media with regards to the series". They had just come under fire for the whole "we aren't removing any life stages" comment during development only to find out way too close to launch that there were no toddlers at launch and the whole scandal regarding who did or did not receive a copy of the TS4 demo via Twitter. They needed some good publicity.

I just wish they would have it up for download on Origin and not something where you have to contact Support. They should do that with all of their games that are young enough to still reasonably be expected to work on at least 80% of computers without many issues but old enough that they aren't likely to sell many copies - either due to everyone who was going to buy it has likely done so already or they are more likely to buy the next in the series.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Actually, EA said if you registered your TS2 games with Origin they would keep them for us to download any time (or bought them through their online store)... and then they decided it wouldn't be supported and had to keep Some of their promise. They had removed all my TS2 from my Origin account so that's why I had to remind them why I registered with Origin in the first place. . .

So, no - I don't believe it was nice or to get people interested in TS4.

It's one thing to just allow those who had a version of the game where that promise would have been broken if they hadn't and allowing anyone to get it - including those who never owned the game at all. And giving all EP's and SP's in it when some may have just had one or two EP's and/or no SP's.

So while the initial push may have been to keep from breaking that promise, how they went about it was surprising given EA's nature, which means it was at minimum a PR stunt - a calculated loss to get more people to spend more money with them (either through goodwill, or given the age of Sims 2 vs when Origin was released more people on Origin).