Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddler won't age up!

Before anyone says to try certain things, I have tried the following:

1. I've tried 4 birthday cakes.
2. I tried the "testingcheatsenabled true" then "Trigger Age Transition".
3. I deleted files (can't remember the names) to help.
4. Tried modifying the sim in CAS but it just freezes at the loading screen.
5. She has custom hair, and I was going to try changing it to regular sims hair to see if that was the problem, but when I tried to change her appearance, it froze at the loading screen.

None of these things have worked. I have also exited and started my game a few times. My toddler doesn't even appear in the family image in the save file at the start screen. Her head doesn't appear when I click on things for her to interact with.

I'm assuming I have to restart my game, but this has happened before in a previous game. I was just wondering if there's any way to keep my current family and continue with my game.

Let me know! Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    see if the suggestions here help http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/bug-sim-wont-age-up.html

good luck
  • Options
    AmazingchloexoxAmazingchloexox Posts: 3 New Member
    my toddler in the game wont age up either
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I have had a sim go invisible on me before and I resolved it by getting another Sim family member to use the phone and move home and my invisible Sim turned up at the new home lot and was visible and playable again. Or sometimes I go into edit town and move the whole family to the clipboard then either move them back into their own home or another one and sometimes that has resolved problems.

I know this is not the same circumstances but it may be worth a try to see if it resolves the issue with the toddler? good luck :D
  • Options
    Tania_ReTania_Re Posts: 1 New Member
    Have you tried CTRL + Shift+ C and type resetSim * ?
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    One fix is to use NRaas DebugEnabler to click on the ground and select fix invisible sims.You can also use MasterController to reset the sim if they're stuck underground like I did once on one of mine when he got stuck underground.You might even have to run a fix homeworld if the other options don't work and start a new game if that dosen't solve it.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Wilko1971Wilko1971 Posts: 18 New Member
    > @TadOlson said:
    > One fix is to use NRaas DebugEnabler to click on the ground and select fix invisible sims.You can also use MasterController to reset the sim if they're stuck underground like I did once on one of mine when he got stuck underground.You might even have to run a fix homeworld if the other options don't work and start a new game if that dosen't solve it.
    How do you get them?
  • Options
    dominantkittydominantkitty Posts: 2 New Member
    ok i know this is a really old thread BUT i found a way in my game that worked and i thought i would share. keep in mind you will unfortunately have to delete your game you played but at least you won't have to re-install everything! here's what i did..so i was playing the monty's in sims 3 monte vista and went with the bday cake to age up and nothing happened it just skipped. so i did what i usually do when a glitch happens, saved them and the house and then deleted that version and played them again. and this time when i tried to put them in town the game wouldn't even load, so i had to delete them all which was so sad. so i closed out, went to the sims 3 folder with all the saved games and found the file that said monty.bad now usually when it says this it's because the game glitched and wouldn't save so you copy/paste that file outside of the saved file and it works perfectly, so obviously something had happened to where it kept the bad file inside the game. i looked to see if there was another one i could keep so not losing the whole game but unfortunately there was not, so i deleted that file and started them from the beginning AND IT WORKED! no more difficulties aging up! i'm hoping this works for people, again i just did it as a random try and it fixed everything for me. let me know if it works for some of you! :)
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2015
    Sorry, I know you're trying to be helpful but the game cannot read saves with the ".bad" folder name extension. It actually just ignores them. They should be deleted so as not to take up space among your working saved games, but afraid that doesn't actually fix anything.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ferretscantgameferretscantgame Posts: 7 New Member
    Okay, I know this is old but I Just found an EASY solution to this. I was having the same issue: All you need is the Nrass Master Controller. And then go find the setting "reset lot" and for the first couple seconds the glitched out toddlers photo will flicker like the game doesnt know what to do and then she will appear. I found my toddler had new hair (probably coz the old hair was the initial problem) and then after I was able to age her up! So simple, no loss of any family member!
  • Options
    SimSlayzSimSlayz Posts: 7 New Member
    I have a set of toddler twins in my family. The male twin fortunately aged up while the second (female) twin didn't, it is their birthday and they are going through the aging up stage, so I cannot edit them or give them birthday cakes. I've made many changes since my last save to the game and because the twin won't age up...I can't exit the game without losing all of my previous progress. I have been leaving my game for around 10 minutes now with ultra-speed on and the sim still refuses to age up. I'm confused...I cant add any mods to the game (because I can't leave it)t hat can reset her, what should I do?
  • Options
    SimSlayz wrote: »
    I have a set of toddler twins in my family. The male twin fortunately aged up while the second (female) twin didn't, it is their birthday and they are going through the aging up stage, so I cannot edit them or give them birthday cakes. I've made many changes since my last save to the game and because the twin won't age up...I can't exit the game without losing all of my previous progress. I have been leaving my game for around 10 minutes now with ultra-speed on and the sim still refuses to age up. I'm confused...I cant add any mods to the game (because I can't leave it)t hat can reset her, what should I do?
    Just checking here because the answers will vary. Are you playing TS3 or TS4?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I have never had this happen with toddlers, but I have had it happen with kittens. I did the lazy solution and used MC to totally annilihate them and made the momma cat have new ones :P
  • Options
    SezzaBee05SezzaBee05 Posts: 1 New Member
    Ahhhh my alien sims are toddlers and I am trying to get them to age up so when I click help blow out candles and click on the mom or the dad they pick her up and then put her down again and she still dosent age up

Please help

Sims 4 has never done this to me before
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited August 2017
    @SezzaBee05 Hi, I found an answer to this with a quick search of the Sims 4 section. Apparently, the birthday cakes have been buggy ever since toddlers were introduced.

You can force your game to create a new Sims 4 folder, which seemed to help this user.

Go to Documents>Electronic Arts> The Sims 4. You'll want to take the entire Sims 4 folder and move it to your desktop or somewhere not in its original location. Don't copy it, just move it out of there.

Then when you start the game anew, a fresh Sims 4 folder will be created. Exit the game.

Move the folders/files you'll want back (options, saves, screenshots, tray, mods, etc) from your older Sims 4 folder and place them in the newly generated one. Start your game again and see if you can age your toddler up now.

Hope this helps and wasn't too complicated. :smile:

Also - Have you guys ever considered that your toddler doesn't want to grow up as they are, in fact, a Toys R Us kid?

tenor.gif

edited because I can't use my words. :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    It's great that players are offering helpful advice here, but can I please just remind the new members that this is the TS3 section of the forums? Most of the time it's really better to ask these questions on the TS4 boards if one is having issues with TS4. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    It's great that players are offering helpful advice here, but can I please just remind the new members that this is the TS3 section of the forums? Most of the time it's really better to ask these questions on the TS4 boards if one is having issues with TS4. :)

I was going to point this out, but I am glad I didnt as you've done it in a much more polite way than I would have :p