Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloading CCs for Mac

Sorry if this has been discussed before but Ive been wanting some custom content but when I find something I want its only for Windows and doesn't work in my game. How do I solve this, or what CC sites work for mac? Hope this makes sense Im having a hard time explaining it XD

Comments

• Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    CC and mods work on Mac. They're designed to open with the Sims 4.
    The only possible issues are if you want to create your own CC and mods, in which case things are much more complicated. But just using CC and mods, you won't have any compatibility issues.
  • Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member

If you want to create your own CC using a Mac, Sims 4 Studio has a Mac version in beta testing. Currently, it's able to make new CAS meshes and CAS recolors but we plan to add more features :)
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Sorry if this has been discussed before but Ive been wanting some custom content but when I find something I want its only for Windows and doesn't work in my game. How do I solve this, or what CC sites work for mac? Hope this makes sense Im having a hard time explaining it XD

.package files should work fine on Mac or Windows. (Says a Mac-illiterate player.) :p

If you're having trouble with package files not working for you, check the DATE on those files. *Anything* created before the last EA patch, I'd be wary of adding to my game, until I checked its comments to be sure it still works right. We were given apartments and toddlers and vampires in pretty rapid succession, lots of chances for files to get washed by EA.

A lot of different mods/cc have needed updating, moreso than usual IMO, beginning with the City Living patch. And after every new EA addition since.

Check your stuff. It won't hurt. :)
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member

As a fellow Mac user and now CC addict yes, CC works the same for Macs as it does Windows. Just put the package files in your Mods folder and you'll be fine. The only issue is when EA patch the game and the CC may become incompatible. I have my Mods folder organised by creator and then subfolders for each set. I add the link to the set in the comments section of the info window of the folder so I can link back to it as reference and also check if the CC has been updated:

screen-shot-2017-02-21-at-19-35-01.png

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

As a fellow Mac user and now CC addict yes, CC works the same for Macs as it does Windows. Just put the package files in your Mods folder and you'll be fine. The only issue is when EA patch the game and the CC may become incompatible. I have my Mods folder organised by creator and then subfolders for each set. I add the link to the set in the comments section of the info window of the folder so I can link back to it as reference and also check if the CC has been updated:

That's brilliant, and if anybody knows how to do that to a file in Windows 10, I would LOVE instructions! <3 (And a screenshot. I've *been* looking.)

Also, I linked to your picture in my MC thread. We get questions occasionally about installing it on a Mac. Thought your visual aid might help. ;)