Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content Websites & Game Mods *2017*

Welcome everyone!!
I decided to start a thread here about Custom Content 2017, as I have not used since any playing Sims 3 & all the website I used to go on to download have mostly been closed down. :/
P.S Do the NRAAS mods still work for Sims 4?

Please share any favourite sites/blogs/tumblrs that have custom content
for example: sim models, skins, hair, clothing, shoes, makeup, accessories, houses/home decor, game mods & anything else.
Thank you in advance!! :*<3

Comments

• Options
    HeatherRinskiHeatherRinski Posts: 32 Member
    *bookmarking to look at latter
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    My go to: http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/tagged/s4cc

I usually check it about once a month and spend a few hours straight going through all the content posted until I reach old stuff.

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    You should check out the mods section of the sims 4 forum! ( this will likely get moved there)

And no, NRAAS does not work in 4, but there is a comparable mod called MCCommand Center which is similar and adds story progression for those that want it.

For my mods, I use MTS and for my CC, I use TSR
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    P.S Do the NRAAS mods still work for Sims 4?

No, they only work for TS3, but there is a similar to that mod,
    http://modthesims.info/d/551680
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited January 2017
    @PRINCESS_07X
    No, it is for TS3 only, but there is similar for TS4, which is http://modthesims.info/d/551680

I agree with the site above, and also to add these, http://mysims4blog.blogspot.com/ and http://sims4updates.net/
  • Options
    LazyDayziLazyDayzi Posts: 7 New Member
    Hey all, I'm looking for a mod or program that will allow me to go through all my custom content..actually see the items so that I can decide either to keep or remove as i've just got way to much..and don't use half of it anymore...
    there use to be a program for one of the other sims version not sure if it was sims 3 or 2...anyone see anything like this..

thank you in advance
  • Options
    GoldenSimmersGoldenSimmers Posts: 1 New Member
    Can somebody help me with a cc problem? So I've recently been getting some custom content and for the most part everything downloads, but with some items (NO FEMALE TEEN/ADULT HAIR WILL DOWNLOAD WHATSOEVER) they give me this error when I try to open the game. "Unable to Start: Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. If this file is a mod please remove it and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via Origin. C:\Users\aarons\Documents\Electtronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Hair\toksik_OminousHair.package [[60c399f9:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]

I have tried nearly everything to fix this problem. From repairing my game to searching forums after forums posts trying to solve this mystery. Keep in mind it's mostly just the hair that's the problem, but occasionally a pair of pants or makeup or whatever else won't work either. Overall, I have no adult female hairs and I really want a resolution to this problem. Please find a cause for this, thank you. (:
  • Options
    Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    LazyDayzi wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm looking for a mod or program that will allow me to go through all my custom content..actually see the items so that I can decide either to keep or remove as i've just got way to much..and don't use half of it anymore...
    there use to be a program for one of the other sims version not sure if it was sims 3 or 2...anyone see anything like this..

thank you in advance

You're looking for "Tray Importer". Do a Google search for "Sims 4 Tray Importer" and you will find it. It lets you put items on a sim or put them in a home and then you can upload the home or sim and it will tell you exactly which files are used. I've used it a few times to get rid of unwanted items.
    "The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• Options
    SimmChoolySimmChooly Posts: 93 Member
    Candyr277 wrote: »
    LazyDayzi wrote: »

thank you in advance

You're looking for "Tray Importer". Do a Google search for "Sims 4 Tray Importer" and you will find it. It lets you put items on a sim or put them in a home and then you can upload the home or sim and it will tell you exactly which files are used. I've used it a few times to get rid of unwanted items.

I just started using this and it has been awesome! I used to just delete everything and restart.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    MC Command Center was mentioned earlier in the thread -- it's definitely a very useful mod that can do a lot things and is indeed inspired by the old NRAAS suite of mods. I just wanted to point out that it has recently moved from the MTS site. For the downloads and documentation, visit Deaderpool's Tumblr. And if you need help with the mod, there's this thread here on the Official forums, as well as a new support chat hosted on Discord.

@LazyDayzi -- You may also want to take a look at Sims 4 Studio. It's probably got more features than you need as it's actually made to help create CC, but it has a really handy feature you might use. Once you set it up (have to enter the paths in settings for your game and your Mods folder), there's a "My CC" button you can click. That will let you browse through your CC and see it displayed. It lets you delete a CC package, or even just specific swatches from a CC item. There are also batch fixes for several different issues that can come up in CC files.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member

@LazyDayzi, Sims 4 Studio has a My CC feature that will allow you to click through all the packages in your Sims 4 Mods folder. Each item is displayed in a 3D model viewer and you can delete swatches you don't want, retag your content how you want it to be, and completely remove packages you don't use anymore. It shows each item's poly count and, you can change catalog descriptions, prices, and names of things if you want too. The interface is very easy to use, you can adjust the sizes of each part of the screen, and it looks like this:

yaYljM1.png

You can download Sims 4 Studio HERE.

This feature of Sims 4 Studio was designed specifically for players to use to manage their custom content files and it doesn't require any creator know-how to use. As @Ayradyss said, Studio also has several handy batch-fixes for various issues that come up with CC. For example, you can make it so none of your CC will show up on randomly generated townie Sims with a single click if you want. :)
  • Options
    ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    I LOVE simsational designs. There are tons of o
    High quality furniture sets and the rug sets are to die for! I have almost all of his items in my game lol
  • Options
    Cathrinew98Cathrinew98 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm playing sims 4 on a macbook, and no matter what I do, I can't see the content I have dowloaded - Anyone who can help?
  • Options
    SonjaCopelandSonjaCopeland Posts: 65 Member
    I go to http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/ and http://lilsimsiecc.tumblr.com/ tumblrs for most of my custom content. I also use The Sims Resource.
  • Options
    PERKY182004PERKY182004 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi all! I'm new to The Sims 4. I didn't like 3 so I went back to 2 (my favorite). I'm hoping to like 4 more. My question is besides the page when I log into Origin is there anywhere else to get custom content that doesn't need to be unzipped? I have never been able to do that on any PC game. I've given up. LOL Thanks so much!
  • Options
    BonasitaBonasita Posts: 54 Member
    Is there a thread somewhere that explains the basics of mods and CC? I haven’t found on yet, I’m a very new Simmer and rather confused. Thanks in advance.
    Daughter started playing Sims 4, I joined her, she quit, I'm addicted! Moms play games too.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood! :D
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Bonasita wrote: »
    Is there a thread somewhere that explains the basics of mods and CC? I haven’t found on yet, I’m a very new Simmer and rather confused. Thanks in advance.

I think you will find this to be quite helpful:
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/mods-cc.php
  • Options
    kjryboltkjrybolt Posts: 2 New Member
    Can someone please make a mod where I can see what books my simmer reads! I would love to see the books!!! :(
  • Options
    BonasitaBonasita Posts: 54 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Bonasita wrote: »

I think you will find this to be quite helpful:
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/mods-cc.php

Thanks, @Bananas_45 :)
    Daughter started playing Sims 4, I joined her, she quit, I'm addicted! Moms play games too.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood! :D