Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Contest Idea

Hey all.

Love renovation contests mostly because I love home design shows, watching houses get flipped, that sort of thing. One of my favorite duos is the Scott Brothers.

They have a show called Brother vs Brother and I would like to do something like that here. A Simmer vs Simmer: A Home Renovation Contest. I have a house to upload and I would give two weeks as a deadline per room and a budget to work with for each room. You don't have to use the entire budget for that room which means you can use it for another room. On the flip side you can go over budget as well and then go under budget somewhere else, depends where you want to spend the money. Of course if you are over budget by the end of it, then you will be penalized.

You can break down interior walls but you can not change the exterior walls.

Every two weeks you would need to show pictures of the room and how much of your budget you used.

If you wish to not dedicate to the entire house's reno, that is fine too. Just join in on the weeks you want to. Each room will be judged separately and winners will be determined each round plus overall winners for those that complete the entire house.

There will be some criteria, but you will all know what those are when we begin.

Right now I am looking to see how many would be interested in competing, sponsoring and judging.

I will also answer any questions now so everything is thought out prior to the actual post.

Comments