Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Carefree trait + Vampires

Feel free to redirect me if this has been asked before but how does the carefree trait effect a vampire with day phobia or guilty drinker?
Origin ID: CrazyMammoth
http://crazymammoth.tumblr.com/

Comments

• Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    While I can't answer about the specific traits that you're asking for since I don't have the pack I can say that the Carefree trait doesn't actually directly interact with any traits it just keeps sims from getting the tense mood altogether. They still pull up whatever moodlets they normally would they just don't count towards their mood balance in my experience. So if those particular traits make vampires tense then yes it probably would work for them.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I believe it does but I have not actually tried it myself.
  • Options
    ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    Yes, it does prevent tense moodlet from popping up.
  • Options
    crazymammothcrazymammoth Posts: 238 Member
    well then day phobia to level 3, guilty drinker and sloppy drinker with carefree sounds like one pretty OP sim lol
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    Feel free to redirect me if this has been asked before but how does the carefree trait effect a vampire with day phobia or guilty drinker?

Carefree does make you immune to getting tense, i tested the Guilty drinker and i could life drain spirit on a unwilling subejct without getting any negative moodlets from it. Did it sorta like a test for benifit of this thread since i normally only drink plasma fruit, plasma jane and plasma packs. Meaning i paid no attention at all to it since it has not been relevant for me personally. As for Day phobia i can't say but what i hear is it does remove the effect of getting tense, from day phobia while it still maintain the penalty in powers being weaker during day time, not sure if this is true or not so can't help you there since i never personally picked day phobia myself.
  • Options
    crazymammothcrazymammoth Posts: 238 Member
    well thats only during the day the one i really want to avoid are the coffin and the twisted stomach, so much food in this game shame to throw it all away

tho that being said we need more Plasma themed dishes like 1 for every lvl of cooking would be nice
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    well thats only during the day the one i really want to avoid are the coffin and the twisted stomach, so much food in this game shame to throw it all away

tho that being said we need more Plasma themed dishes like 1 for every lvl of cooking would be nice

Guess will always be down to preference usually found food to be more of a necessity than a joy since you can almost only eat salid or youghurt without excessive training or jogs not to take on weight.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Having Carefree does prevent them from getting the tense moodlets from the weaknesses. They will still get the other associated negative affects, though. Vampires with day phobia will still have their powers fail more often, and guilty drinkers will still get the negative reaction from seeing other vampires feeding.

But yeah, most of my vampires have guilty drinker, 3 levels of day phobia along with Carefree, and withered stomach because I don't care about them being able to eat human food. I give some insatiable thirst because it's funny playing a constantly blood starved vampire. I try to avoid the thin skinned weakness because it makes the sun really dangerous.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    I do feel like Carefree is a little cheesy. But then again there aren't many choices for negative traits without making vampires feel to weak or annoying, and I do like me some powerful vampires lol.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I do feel like Carefree is a little cheesy. But then again there aren't many choices for negative traits without making vampires feel to weak or annoying, and I do like me some powerful vampires lol.

I use it on a situational basis. If I am playing a vampire I want to be pretty powerful I will give them Carefree and then the weakness that it negates. For characters who are supposed to be weaker vampires I let them remain tense or give them different weaknesses. I don't like to abuse the Carefree thing too much because I actually like the negative emotions... happyland is boring. My human Sims never, ever get the Carefree reward and I only give a Sim the Shameless trait if their character is supposed to be a truly shameless individual.

In my main vampire family I gave the two Sims with day phobia the Carefree reward mainly because I was sick of them sitting in the sauna or doing yoga ALL DAY trying to get rid of tension that wasn't going to go away until the sun went down, lol. Literally, that is all they would do and it drove me nuts.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."