Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Reduced Townie Mod

keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
Can someone please update Shimrod's reduced townie mod? I played one sim day and like 20 townies were created.

I could deal with 10 because I self culled my game but like 20-25 in one day is ridiculous. It seems to be worse when your Sim lives in the city.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    FYI there's a feature that caps the number of *optional* (not needed by the game) townies in MC Command Center. It can't do more than that because the game requires Sims to fill roles.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Alright thanks. I will continue to self cull every 3 sim days. MC Command is an awesome mod but too much going on and I have to turn off too many things. I tried to go through everything but it is a bit much just like NRAAS and I always missed something to turn off.

Shimrod's mod kept population down. I was hoping someone would update it. It is fine Sims need to be created to fill roles but I think Sims are being created to walk the city streets to make it look more active which is ridiculous.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Alright thanks. I will continue to self cull every 3 sim days. MC Command is an awesome mod but too much going on and I have to turn off too many things. I tried to go through everything but it is a bit much just like NRAAS and I always missed something to turn off.

Shimrod's mod kept population down. I was hoping someone would update it. It is fine Sims need to be created to fill roles but I think Sims are being created to walk the city streets to make it look more active which is ridiculous.

Deaderpool has talked about the homeless a LOT in MC comments. They can't be stopped, but MC does have a lot in place for toning them down, and more options are coming in 3.2.0, when he releases it. I'm GUESSING we're a week or so out, but I don't have any firm ETA info.

MC when shipped (default config settings) is supposed to mimic EA settings, for the most part. If it's "doing too much" you might try taking out YOUR config file and letting the mod generate a new one with default settings. Try that for a while and see if it works better for you.

If you'd like to try it again and are interested in settings help, come here to ask your questions, please:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-ask-here#latest/

I'm not having time to get around all the forums here like I used to. So I'm seeing MC messages posted to other threads well after the fact, in some cases.

If you guys with questions would pretty please come to us at the above link, it would be wonderful. We'll help, we just don't see everything everywhere here. Big place. ;)
  • Options
    @egwarhammer thanks. It is good to know that MC command center's default settings are EA settings. I may pick it up now. I didn't want to change too much just little things like homeless townies.
  • Options
    @egwarhammer thanks. It is good to know that MC command center's default settings are EA settings. I may pick it up now. I didn't want to change too much just little things like homeless townies.

The one setting I ran across that isn't EA's default is that the mod ignores your Game Options setting for Fill Empty Homes. I had it set to Off and was surprised when suddenly hordes of townies moved in! If you have the Population module, you can control the empty-home filling by setting the minimum number of homes for the mod to leave empty.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

The one setting I ran across that isn't EA's default is that the mod ignores your Game Options setting for Fill Empty Homes. I had it set to Off and was surprised when suddenly hordes of townies moved in! If you have the Population module, you can control the empty-home filling by setting the minimum number of homes for the mod to leave empty.

ack!! Will the population module change anything else?

@luthienrising thanks for letting me know because that is important.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

That's the only thing I've run into with MCCC that was unexpected for me. Probably my bad for assuming it would check my game options on that, though!

Oh, I'm wrong: The default on marital surnames is to change them to one name. I can't remember which module that is, but one day I realized that all my married couples in a save had the same surname when I'd had many keep their own.
  • Options

That's the only thing I've run into with MCCC that was unexpected for me. Probably my bad for assuming it would check my game options on that, though!

Oh, I'm wrong: The default on marital surnames is to change them to one name. I can't remember which module that is, but one day I realized that all my married couples in a save had the same surname when I'd had many keep their own.

It's in the Pregnancy Module, but it's under the Marriage (sub) settings.

I did say "most" not ALL settings default.

Easy way to see defaults, take YOUR config file out of MC and run the game. Enter a lot, to see that MC did load properly.

You don't have to save this load, but the mod will make a new config file with default settings. Exit without saving. Swap that new file out, yours back in, everything's fine and you have a copy of the mod's "fresh" condition.

Just a thought.

• Options
    edited February 2017

It's in the Pregnancy Module, but it's under the Marriage (sub) settings.

I did say "most" not ALL settings default.

Easy way to see defaults, take YOUR config file out of MC and run the game. Enter a lot, to see that MC did load properly.

You don't have to save this load, but the mod will make a new config file with default settings. Exit without saving. Swap that new file out, yours back in, everything's fine and you have a copy of the mod's "fresh" condition.

Just a thought.

I've never had the Pregnancy module, though. (Except in a test save. And that wasn't where I had a game full of married Sims with separate names.)
  • Options
    phew..I keep procrastinating going through this mod. I kept up with twallen's mod last iteration and I was a little relieved not to have a massive mod this time around. As usual, everything has to be excessive in the Sims game like drinking a thousand glasses of water, getting out of the shower just to play basketball, creating thousands of Sims at each venue, etc so now I have might have to deal with a massive mod again.

Thanks @luthienrising and @egwarhammer. I appreciate the help and advice.
  • Options
    elishaknightelishaknight Posts: 12 New Member
    has the 30day pregnancy mod exist?
  • Options
    has the 30day pregnancy mod exist?

If you install MC Command Center, you can use its Pregnancy Module for that. Trimesters, labor, offspring gender and numbers (per birth and overall) are all configurable. You can set the "term" lengths to whatever you like.

One person in MC comments just posted yesterday she's going to set hers at 120 days, so she won't miss anything and can edit it downward, or trigger labor, when she's ready to play with that family. Rotational player, she wants to play through the pregnancies, so, she needs a bit of time to get to them all.

I thought it was a brilliant idea, changing the duration like that. Something I've never tried. ;) But it's definitely in the mod.