Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving out sims.

To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
I have a lot with four sims - two of them just got married and I want to move them out into their own house, but how? I can only find the options to split and merge but thats only into existing households or move out the entire family, which I also don't want to do.

Am I missing something?

--T

ETA: autocorrect

Comments

• Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited February 2017
    You can split them into a new household by clicking the small "Sim with a +" button in "Transfer Sims between households" mode. The new household button is on top of the right column when selecting the household you would move someone into.

After selecting this, put the couple on the right side and confirm, and now the game turned them into a new household without a living place. So, go to "Manage Households" again, select them (they're counting as Played automatically) and move them in somewhere else.

Edit: If my description isn't clear (it likely isn't ^^), just take this guide: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/moving-sims.php
    but remember to create a new household in "Transfer Sims between households".
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No. It's there in manage households. But you have to hit the plus sign up top to create a new household and you send the sim to that one. One sec.....brb so I can explain it better.
  • Options
    jessienebulousjessienebulous Posts: 108 Member
    Split and merge is what you want, but at the top right column it says "select a household or" hit the button. It creates a new household. Then just move the appropriate sims out, and they'll be waiting in the household bin for placement into a new lot.
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    in HOUSEHOLD MANAGEMENT, pick family you want to change, click the TRANSFER SIMS button at lower right, highlight family members you want to transfer out, click CREATE NEW HOUSEHOLD button which is over the right column and hit the arrow to transfer them and save.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    there you go. I knew simmers would come along and explain it better than me. :)
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Ha! I was definitely missing something. Thanks a lot guys! :):)

--T