Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is my Sim really Gone?

Hi there!
So I'm usually really good about saving my sims to the gallery before I do anything with them, just in case. But basically, I made a simself of a friend and selected "Save and Play," without saving him to the gallery. When I was placing him, I realized that I was still in my current household save, and I wanted to put him in a new save. So I went back to the Main Menu and opened a new save, where I then realized that my sim was gone. Is there any way to retrieve him or is he really lost forever?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I did that once with a sim found her though, just go back to the save you created him on, he might be in the manage families tab in the not in world section if you didn't put him in a house. If he's not there then you might need to remake him.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Go to the main menu > Load Game > Load the save it made when you started that game > Go to live mode > Ctrl+Shift+C > testingcheats on > Shift+Right-Click > Modify in CAS > Save Household in top right corner

Unless you went of your way to delete the save, you should be able to go back and save that sim to your gallery.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    simblisssimbliss Posts: 82 Member
    edited February 2017
    @ RedDestiny92 I tried looking there when I first realized it, but he doesn't seem to be in the played or unplayed households. :c Thanks tho!
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Did you use CC? If so, when you go to your library, make sure to check the button for custom content. It defaults to unchecked. For awhile I thought I lost so many of my creations only to find I did not check that box.
  • Options
    @Triplis I believe that my sim never got placed, and so can't be found that way

@aaronrulz I did try looking at the gallery with both CC and non-CC and he isn't there either. I never saved him to the gallery so I didn't expect him to be there.

Thank you for your input tho!
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2017
    If you did save and play the Sim should be in your library for all games.

You need to look under local library, in the gallery section.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    simbliss wrote: »
    @Triplis I believe that my sim never got placed, and so can't be found that way
    Oh. :(

I think I understand now. I misread before. I take it the save where you were adding him to a household... you didn't save the game before you exited out? :/
  • Options
    @simbliss Only thought I would have is if there's still an auto-save file from the save game where you made him, maybe you can load that and he'll be in there. If there's no auto-save for it, then he's probably gone.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    ah I see sorry about that.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    edited February 2017
    If you want to be sure, you can use these cheats:
    sims.summon_sim_to_zone <simID>

Where <simID> should be replaced entirely with the numerical ID of your sim.

To get the simID, you need to use
    sims.get_sim_id_by_name <first> <last>

If the first or last name have a space in them, wrap it in quotes.

If the sim doesn't get pulled into somewhere on your current lot, then it doesn't exist.
    [Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Once you click Save and Play, the household is automatically saved to your library. It doesn't matter if you placed him or not, the game saves them all for you. But you have to look in your library, not the gallery.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Once you click Save and Play, the household is automatically saved to your library. It doesn't matter if you placed him or not, the game saves them all for you. But you have to look in your library, not the gallery.

Yes, there is a difference between the gallery and your library.
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    I thought when you press "save and play" coming out of CAS the household automatically saves to your library? That's what happens with me
  • Options
    IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    edited February 2017
    I just recreated your scenario, and my sim was saved to my library even though I didn't place him.

From the main screen I clicked Create a New Household.

I clicked Save and Play.

The game loaded my last save.

From the world overview I clicked the gallery button and my sim was already in my library.

I never moved the sim into a lot.
    Post edited by Igg on
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Yes all Sims get saved to your library when you click the check mark in CAS. Whether you place them or not. I used to do the same as you until I clicked the gallery button while offline, and then clicked my library. I had doubles of all my sims, because I would save it to my library while in CAS, then click the check mark and upload it to the gallery as well. Because I was saving to my library while in CAS and it automatically saved to library upon exit I had doubles of all Sims. It took a while to sort through it all.
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    Check under my catalog in your gallery profile. All the sims I made were not in my library but under my catalog.
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    That's why I keep getting two of 'em in my library! I manually save them just to be sure. If your sim really is gone OP, if you have pics you could upload perhaps some of the insanely talented at CAS members here could recreate them for you. :)

I would offer, but I'm not very good with CAS.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
  • Options
    I found him! Thank you, everyone for all of your help! It turns out that all I had to do was look Content By All in my library, instead of "Mine". Silly mistakes lol But thank you all so so much!
  • Options
    @simbliss Woot! Glad you found him. :smile:
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Now we need pics of what he looks like. ;) so glad you found him.