Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tickled Pink

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
Don't you just love when your game works out? <3
I have a tech guru, geek Sim. Adorably awkward. He is going to try to win the heart of the feisty, lovely artist next door.
(I am playing them in rotation).
They didn't really seem to get along at first. Apartment walls are very thin -especially in these cheap buildings I guess.
They had a couple encounters and finallly started to be friendly. When a mutual friend invited them to her birthday party; the first pick up line was rejected. I was controlling my artist lady at the time and I imagine he didn't know what to do/say! :/

Now they are friends proper. As watcher (and Cupid) I was just deciding how and when to try for another spark and the romance festival came to town. I was on my gamer at the time. He didn't even need to invite her; she invited him (autonomously)! :)
Being an Artist, Darasha wanted to go paint at the festival, of all things.
Anyway, I take them there and get them in the mood using the festival tea. I even have Nathaniel ask the romance guru about his romantic destiny. She tells him "You will find your destiny soon." :D
I swear Nathaniel begins looking at Darsha like he wants to take the plunge and say something -but he's nervous.
Well, of course he does and this time she's got that pink glow from the tea. It works. Well; it's a little touch and go but they have a pink bar now. Nathaniel was so happy he went and painted this super cute, amateur painting -these two stick figures with hearts and a stick dog. o:)
Then he failed to haggle with the food vendor and tried to use chopsticks. A little casual conversation and a self-deprecating joke or two and the festival wound up. He went home still embarrased and went to his bed to 'hide from everyone'.
It was like he was thinking "What did I do?"
It was perfect. I'm so happy with my game right now.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Oh No! Just swapped back to Darsha only to find she was flirting with a random, married Sim under the influence of that Sakura tea. :#
    Will I have to do anything about it, like make her break it off with him? They didn't get far.
    I suppose I could use it as a bit of spice/drama. Wouldn't take it further though.

Update: Ugh. Nathaniel came around to hang out (remember they're apartment neighbours). They had a flirty chat that led to their first kiss. <3
    Unfortunately, once Nathaniel has left, Darsha has whims to Kiss and WooHoo with Trace -the other man from the festival.
    That's just sooo wrong. :|
    Post edited by NRowe on
  • Options
    applehartapplehart Posts: 83 Member
    Such a cute and vivid story, thanks for sharing! I love when the game works out just so :D
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Update: The dating seems to be proceeding slowly.
    I started with a phone call after the festival. Then they hung out in Darsha's apartment. Eventually she asked him to be her boyfriend. He was fist pumping behind her back.
    However, she came home tense from work and was unable to paint. So she went over to Nathaniel for company and asked him on a date (thought they could go to dinner). He refused. Then they still hung out in her apartment anyways.
    See my other thread if interested for the list of their (slightly messy) relationship status'.

I am not sure where I will move them when moving them in together. Still kinda enjoying the city life right now.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Poor Darsha must have had a hard day at work. I was stacking things for her to do; she stops her bubble bath to go to the kitchen and fetch the orange juice. Then she takes her drink back to the bath.
    I do like when they do little things like that.
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    I absolutely love it when other simmers share their current household stories....thank you for the inspiration, your story sounds very interesting :)
  • Options
    BTW
    Welcome to the Forums @applehart
    Thank you for the comment. @IceDrizzle27
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Things are going pretty smoothly.
    Next scene that also had me tickled pink was like so.

The heart variety noise started coming from Nathaniel's apartment. I had already determined that this was nothing to worry about and resolved to consider it a combination of an overactive imiagination (on part of the Sim being disturbed) and television.

Darsha storms over in an angry mood to tell him to pipe down. Well, Nathaniel comes out wearing only a towel.
    I proceed to grant her whim to Rant and Rave. The expressions and body language were too funny. She's yelling at him, accusing him of goodness knows what and then he gets all hurt and sheepish. I have her smoothly apologise (as if she realises he is not doing anything truly wrong. He is faithful.)

I actually knew from prior experience that Rant and Rave constitutes a conversation with a high likelihood the neighbour will follow the ranter back to their apartment.
    And Nathaniel does so
    Not only does he follow Darsha back to her apartment. He automously chooses the social interaction "Reveal Big Secret".
    I find this an opportunity too good to pass up. It's late at night. He's in her apartment.
    I imagine Nathaniel is confessing that not only was no woohoo related activity going on, but that he has never engaged in said activity. Darsha proceeded to take him to bed and give him an education (though technically she was a you-know-what too).
  • Options
    iamthekiamthek Posts: 56 Member
    I like what's going on with Nathaniel and Darsha. Hope you will keep it updated :)
    "Have a good look, kids! That's how you catch tasty Sims!", said the mothercowplant to her babies. <3
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Thanks @iamthek. Welcome.

This thread was supposed to be a one off with a sort of 'Tell me about your Sim couples' that didn't quite make it on there.
    I am having so much fun though I am thinking I should document the informal story somehow. I have not been too good with the full blogs. They are fun, but a lot of pressure too. Too much time and stress on screenshots. Also, I tend to try make my blogs a proper story with realism, I've never used one to talk about my own perspective as a player and what is going on with the mechanics of the game.
    I have got some screenshots... ..
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Nathaniel leaves his dishes on the table. Which basically none of my TS4 Sims have done before.
    It is going to annoy neat freak Darsha (who has the Neat trait). I can see constant and minor marital tiffs in their future. ;)
  • Options
    iamthekiamthek Posts: 56 Member
    Thank you. I get what you mean. I'm kind of new to the whole "blog your sims" thing and I love to read what other simmers do, I'm glad you have fun. Screenshots are nice but not necessary in my opinion.

When I started to read about them I was reminded about a situation when I last played the game.
    My Sim Samira moved to San Myshuno to become an Internet Star and find her big love. (I know, it's a classic scenario)
    Soon she found a guy she liked and I had her go on a lot of dates with him but the pink bar never grew. It took me a while to discover that he has the unflirty trait and I think thats it for their relationship. As soon as I discovered this I moved a lot of Sims into the city to get some new "material" for Samira. The poor girl is really unlucky with all her relationships and all the sims I moved in fell quickly in love, but not with her. Now I don't know what to do.
    "Have a good look, kids! That's how you catch tasty Sims!", said the mothercowplant to her babies. <3
  • Options
    Awesome, but kinda not. I really don't know how these legacy players met, propose, get married and move in a spouse in the space of a couple Sim days to a week.
    I am a big fan of the moving in options -I don't usually go for a "this is your destined one and only" like I have with Darsha and Nathaniel.

Some of the best tips I can give are
    -mind their moods
    -intersperse friendly and funny with the romantic interactions.
    -give it time ?
  • Options
    They say every dog has it's day? Well, the Geek had his night. (At least one of them).

Nathaniel went and picked Darsha up at her apartment. Whisked her off to the fancy lounge-thing at the top of one of the high rises in Uptown. Yeah, I forget the name of the place.
    It was an "offical" date (scored by the game) and not their first. I made Nathaniel change into his formal suit though Darsha still wore her everyday clothes (because I wasn't controlling her).

So they arrive at the top of the elevator with looks of joyful expectation. Nathaniel hurrys off to one of the benches at the sides. Stunning views, but he doesn't really notice. He's pensive now.
    Darsha comes over and his face lights up again. They talk softly and he warmly expresses how fond he is of her. Then he takes it further and outright proclaims his undying love. Then he gets down on one knee in front of Darsha (who is standing by this stage) and produces a ring. He asks her to marry him and she happily accepts.
    So happily she jumps in his arms and poor Nathaniel has to find the strength to hold her up with his slight frame.
    Then the happy couple go inside to sit at the bar and talk some more, and drink and watch the musician man.
    Once the timer runs out, sometime around 2am, Darsha disappears like some fairy tale princess.
    And an exhausted, happy and overwhelmed Nathaniel makes his way home.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    {Probably the last, on this thread} Update:

Darsha has invited Nathaniel to move in to her apartment (at least while they decide on some direction for their life together).
    Nathaniel promptly sets up his fancy computer on her desk and his game posters on the wall, I even made sure to put the hard disk clutter decor from his career down. Then I finished off with a couple other bits that make it look like Nathaniel is establishing himself in what was Darsha's space.
    The apartment unit is haunted and a new ghost appears that first night, while Nathaniel is staying up late on his computer. He goes and rudely introduces himself to the ghost; in contrast to Darsha trying to befriend the original spectre (Nathaniel's one is a newcomer).
    The ghost breaks the bathroom sink and this upsets neat freak Darsha. Indeed, they are both tense over breakfast. I have them complain to each other about their problems. I deliberately make sure Nathaniel doesn't really help with the cleaning up (and he is autonomously messer). He's not completely useless, he did repair the sink.
    I relished making Nathaniel lounge around on his computer in his pyjamas most of the day.
    When Darsha returned home, she cooked. One of her favourites -garlic noodles.
    The foodie neighbour from across the way (it's Raj Rasoya, the original) comes over and begs some food. I have Nathaniel invite him in. Darsha does not particularly like Raj because he is noisy and sometimes rude about it. She's not feeling very charitable this evening so she is rude to Raj.
    Nathaniel must not have liked the garlic noodles too much because he autonomously cleans up the platter with the dishes :o
    Then he chats to Raj quite nicely while Darsha sort of fumes in front of the TV.

I found it all a lot of fun; like a real, old married couple. These two are still pretty honeymoon-ey (actually they're not even 'legally' married yet); so they'll kiss and make up. I'm going to try exploit the tension for a little bit of drama. >:) I imagine they'll stay together and be generally happy, but I hope things won't be oh-so-perfect.
    Normally my Sims live bland little lives of marital bliss which is free of distress. Until Now.