Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My toddler is constantly "sad"...

Anyone knows why?

She/He (yes twins) spends most of their time being "sad" than any other thing.

So I decided to try playing with a family that has only 1 toddler, and my toddler is regularly "sad".

Is this happening to any one else?

I have zero clue on what to do! I feed them, play with them, read books to them at every bedtime, feed them chicken nuggets and apple juice (coz its my fav too), but they are constantly sad. And my sim hasn't even left for work!

Comments

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited January 2017
    have you changed their diaper??? maybe there walking around with a dirty diaper.
    toddlers also have wishes, try fulfilling their wishes.
    if all else fails put a happy painting up. and enabling the emotion on it.
  • Options
    ScripticJusticeScripticJustice Posts: 405 Member
    What trait does your toddler have?
    tumblr_m4jumxorJY1qktlzuo1_500.gif
  • Options
    sexierjess17sexierjess17 Posts: 147 Member
    The girl is "angelic". The boy is "charmer". Is that why??
  • Options
    have you changed their diaper??? maybe there walking around with a dirty diaper.
    toddlers also have wishes, try fulfilling their wishes.
    if all else fails put a happy painting up. and enabling the emotion on it.

Yeah, they are potty trained. I constantly check on them and their needs are mostly green to 50% (and above)
    What trait does your toddler have?

The girl is "angelic". The boy is "charmer". Is that why??
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Have you hovered over the sad moodlet to see why they are sad?

Mine has only been sad when she wakes up from a nightmare, or when her dad leaves for work. She's happy more than anything, with some mad tantrums thrown in for fun when she's to tired and such.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    Wyrren wrote: »
    Have you hovered over the sad moodlet to see why they are sad?

Mine has only been sad when she wakes up from a nightmare, or when her dad leaves for work. She's happy more than anything, with some mad tantrums thrown in for fun when she's to tired and such.

Once I checked, and she was sad because she needed to sleep. So I gave her a good nights rest, and she woke up happy. And quickly went to sad. So I fed her, bath her, and "play" with her. But somehow her mood changes really quickly and always changes to sad even though she's in the green in all her needs.

I think I need a guide on what to do with a sim toddler on a daily basis, I could be doing something wrong...
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Sometimes they use their nappy even when they are potty trained so that's something to check :)

Carl's guide is very good, they may have some tips for you to help you figure it out :)
  • Options
    LiseyLisey Posts: 195 Member
    If they have a nightmare or miss the potty they get sad. Happens constantly to mine. :(
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I find my little Silly toddler is often sad when one of his parents isn't home - it's his most common sadness cause. But he's distractable from it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    How can we tell if the child had a nightmare? I've read in guides that if the toddler had a nightmare, they would find the adult.

But by far none of my toddlers have woken up through the night.

I'm not sure if its because I spend the entire day caring for them that they hadn't had time to play?
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    How can we tell if the child had a nightmare? I've read in guides that if the toddler had a nightmare, they would find the adult.

But by far none of my toddlers have woken up through the night.

I'm not sure if its because I spend the entire day caring for them that they hadn't had time to play?

It will show you in the corner with the moodlets. Probably best to start seeing what's stacking there to make the toddler sad :)
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    Most of the reasons my toddlers have been sad are Parent left to go to work, nightmare (When that happens they tend to go wake a parent or even someone else in the house. I had a little girl toddler wake her older brother [Child]), bored of playing with something, potty accident.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    My toddlers, one angelic and one charmer have not had a nightmare either. :( I want to see it... lol.

The angelic one only really got sad after Mom left for work, the charmer gets sad if she plays too long with dolls, flashcards, roughhousing... etc... think short attention span. So I cancel her action half way through the timer of whatever "fun" thing she is doing and it seems to help, now she is only sad if a parent leaves or misses the potty.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Will try it out!
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited January 2017
    Aw poor baby. :heartbreak:
  • Options
    egirldesignsegirldesigns Posts: 13 New Member
    that's the thing about toddlers; their mood constantly changes just like real life toddlers.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Mine was always angry. Flash cards? Angry! Talking? Angry! Waking up? Angry!

If she wasn't angry she was streaking lol.

Madness!

--T
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Pop some apples or something in the toddlers inventory and direct him/her to eat one when they get sad as the happy moodlet from eating a harvestable normally over-rides the sad one.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited January 2017
    Angelic Sims need to be read to sleep.
    Dollars to donuts this is the one giving you trouble right?

They are prone to mightmares if you don't read to them and when they get up they will have the sad moodlet for two hours...if they put themselves to bed afterwards...it's likely to happen again.
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I had an 'Inquisitive' toddler that I never, ever saw sad or in tears. Nor did she ever oppose an action from my parent sim. Then I recently made a toddler with the 'Wild' trait and as such, she's been far more erratic and unpredictable with her moods. I don't think it's a glitch (or I hope that it isn't for you), I just think different toddlers play differently which is something I love.
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    I read them all to sleep... so that is why I never see the nightmare thing happen! I was wondering.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Also if sad kids make you sad
    Then don't forget the Birthday party before they age up...you have been warned.

01-17-17_6-25-53AM.png