Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Spicy Foods for Toddlers!

I thought it would be cute watching my toddlers eat Pho. I was curious to see if they struggle with the chopsticks or if they'd go all in with their chubby little hands. And I was feeling a bit wicked. I wondered if they'd get angry and throw a temper tantrum because it's spicy. Well, they just knock the whole bowl to the ground every time. They won't even try it.

(And as a side note, I was really surprised when they made the Pho hot to begin with. Who makes spicy Pho?! There might be jalapenos or some green pepper on the side, but that's pretty much like having salt and pepper shakers on the table. Nearly every Vietnamese dinner I've ever had there were peppers and sliced limes on the table.)
42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Jalapeños are spicy though. Who would give a jalapeño to a baby?
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I usually don't add them to the dish, though. They are just there on a plate by themselves with other garnishments. The jalapenos aren't IN the Pho.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    Toddlers with chopsticks would be so cool! I'm going to have to try that one when I finally get around to having a toddler, none of my sim couples are ready for children yet so I've not had chance to play with them so far.

Chilli peppers in Pho seems normal to me, I think its always been slightly spicy when I've had it. Maybe that's a UK variation on the dish though? I'm not sure on the traditional ingredients.
  • Options
    squirtyunicornssquirtyunicorns Posts: 8 New Member
    my pho is always spicy lol one time i got a piece of the chilli in my throat and was almost sick anyway this is random and noted related to the sims at all
  • Options
    Cherrybug90Cherrybug90 Posts: 75 Member
    Interesting, I gave my toddler spicy food and they ate it all with no problem and walked away with the good food buff.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I wouldn't give my toddlers spicy food, I'm a good Sim parent.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    We raised our kids on spicy food, but I can't remember if we started them that early. Maybe compared to other families theirs was spicy? Forget chopsticks IRL, though. I don't think any of them were good at it till their teens (though they weren't an everyday thing either, maybe once or twice a week).

Dinner tonight = Gumbo, with a good dosing of Tabasco or Crystal.

Oh! What's really fun is lemons. Our dentist didn't approve of frequent lemons, but the little lemon faces! We should have those in Sims. They'd be adorable.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Well my BIL kids eat sushi. The one is 5 and the other 2. They started from last year, and they love it. They also love their soya to be spicy. Kids really have no limit on what they will eat :)