Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite toddler trait and why?

What is your favorite toddler trait? I've only tried one so far.

Comments

• Options
    CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    edited January 2017
    Currently I'm trying both Angelic and Fussy with my twins and I absolutely LOVE the fussy trait. Its quite hard to take care of a fussy toddler but its also so fun, my little one is an emotional roller coaster
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Charming.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    I have had Angelic, Clingy, Fussy, and Indepedent all in one household (that has seven toddlers).

The clingy and fussy felt very realistic, but OMG, they were driving me insane with their constant waking up their caregiver and crying for attention. I do still love the challenges of playing with them.

Independent is pretty good without attention, so that means less checking up on him. but he (my tot was male) is a bit of a rebel and gets defiant at times. (Fussy gets defiant and sometimes tantrum-y as well.)

Angelic is sooo very well behaved, but I still love the other traits because variety is the spice of life and the other traits make life more interesting and challenging. :smile: Angelic can get boring at times; he's that good.

I love them all, but it depends on my mood, lol.

If I had to choose one, it would be Clingy. Clingy crybaby is my favorite. Clingy is just adorable when he cries every time the parent leaves. (I was and still am a crybaby, and clingy too, so I always can relate to the clingy crybabies.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    I have tried fussy, charming, and another one I can't remember. Normally I like to decide traits for my sims, but for toddlers I much more prefer if I randomise it, makes it more interesting.
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    edited January 2017
    Wild has been my favorite so far. She has been a real handful! Thus far, she has fought with her mother (and I swear to god it sounds like she has said "I don't give a .... well, it rhymes with duck), she also had a fit while being forced to learn flash cards, and stole a plate of food from another sim and then RAN away to the other side of the house to eat it. It was too precious! But she has also been very sweet. She also tends to be very active, it's pretty rare I see her just sitting quietly somewhere.

It also really appeals to me because I've always wished that kids had a bratty trait, and she is kind of a brat.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    Linamints wrote: »
    Wild has been my favorite so far. She has been a real handful! Thus far, she has fought with her mother (and I swear to god it sounds like she has said "I don't give a .... well, it rhymes with duck), she also had a fit while being forced to learn flash cards, and stole a plate of food from another sim and then RAN away to the other side of the house to eat it. It was too precious! But she has also been very sweet. She also tends to be very active, it's pretty rare I see her just sitting quietly somewhere.

It also really appeals to me because I've always wished that kids had a bratty trait, and she is kind of a brat.

Aw, very cute (and maybe somewhat stressful, lol), @Linamints ! I haven't played much with a Wild one yet, so this is new to me Very cool to hear new things about the tot.. :smile:
    (She/her)
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I like all of them.

They seem to make toddlers more unique than non-toddler Sims.
  • Options
    Yukitoshi_YogoYukitoshi_Yogo Posts: 13 New Member
    I've tried fussy, clingy and angelic. I liked all of them for different reasons, but I had a hard time with my angelic toddler because she would be hungry, tired and lonely and would continue to play with dolls as if nothing was wrong. If the other two had low needs they would let me know :D
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    So far I love the independent trait! The little angry stomp they do when they don't want to be bothered with 'help' doing things cracks me up :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Silly, I love when she gets to giggling. Always a joy.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    I haven't played with all of the traits properly yet, I still have to try out charmer, wild, inquisitive, independent and angelic (but who wants an angelic toddler?!). The favourite one I have tried has to be either fussy or silly - they're so cute! Fussy toddlers are really demanding and sometimes a bit stressful which I love, and the silly ones constantly dance and play all day :,) Clingy is a good one too though!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I briefly played the clingy trait but was disappointed because she didn't seem to mind her parents leaving her on one side of the park while they went on the water slide. I thought she would at least get upset or try to follow them, but she went happily off on her own to play with a dolls house.

Tonight I played with a wild toddler. He regularly chucks his food all over the floor and seems to answer back when told off for it :)

I am looking forward to seeing what else he will get up to, and also trying out the other traits.
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Silly and wild. Just because my toddlers look super cute running around the house in the nakey, and when they're uber hyper.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    I have a boy who is a charmer and he gets a special Share the Love interaction which is nice when visitors are over. He did the interaction on his grandma and aunt but his twin sister didn't have any way to interact with them.
  • Options
    OceanRose56OceanRose56 Posts: 47 Member
    I like the Silly trait. It's so cute when they get all giggly :p
    32526440414_e719483cf8_n.jpg

• Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I have a wild child and I adore her. Now and then she rips off her clothes and runs around nude and she is constantly angry and throws tantrums and then she suddenly changes to playful and will destroy stuff, too funny. Now that I finally have toddlers, I am going through all the Holidays again starting with Halloween. I threw a Spooky party and my toddler was invited and when it was time to go to the spooky party room and have some cake, she toddled along with her mom and helped herself to a plate of cake which she ate with her hands while sitting in an armchair. So far, these toddlers are so much fun, I cannot wait to try out the other traits. I wonder if I take her to the Vampire World, will she get frightened and are there vampire toddlers to play with and can she get infected? For the first time since the game came out, I am totally immersed in it.
  • Options
    I wonder if I take her to the Vampire World, will she get frightened and are there vampire toddlers to play with and can she get infected? For the first time since the game came out, I am totally immersed in it.

I wondered about the vamps thing, too. I asked a few questions about that in a Questions for Livestream thread, so I hope there are answers of some kind about that in this week's Livestream....

(She/her)
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    I have only had angelic and charmer so far. I liked the angelic one. She always wanted to ask for comfort when a parent left for work which was so cute. The charmer cries whenever any need dips low but always wants to chat and listen to the radio. The charmer also cries when she has played something too long (dollhouse, blocks... flashcards.. even roughhousing) while the angelic one was up for more.